Help!

So I know that 80-10-10 is super good for raw athletes and most of the athletes I know of are long distance aerobic athletes. My question is, how is 80-10-10 for anaerobic exercise?I am going through the process of becoming a police officer and the fitness test is brutal! First you have to complete a 1.5 mile run in under 12 minutes which I can do now. I cut down my time from 14 minutes to 11.5 minutes in one month! The next fitness test is an obstacle course called the POPAT which you do right after the run.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN59VrjpsvgThis girl makes it look so much easier than it actually is. You have to complete it in under 4 minutes and 15 seconds. I did my first ever practice POPAT a few days ago and got 5 minutes. NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Especially considering I have to do the REAL test in a month or so. I am so scared. Any advice?

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I did it!!!! I passed!!!
  • Thanks everyone!
    I am now at 4:19 with 2 weeks to go to shave off 5 seconds! oh my!
    • a little secret for maximum performance..

if the test is in the morning, just have an orange for breakfast. if the test is at lunch then have a decent breakfast. if the test is in the afternoon, have a decent lunch.

either way, we want at least 6 hours between our last meal and test time. having 1 orange in the morning if its a morning test will just be a saftey line that wont effect performance but will boost blood sugar stability.

im assuming you know that what we eat today, powers us tommorrow..
      and that the more anaerobic the session is, the longer time gap between meal time and session time needs to be..

personally i leave MINIMUM 6hours between a hard anareobic session and my last meal.
  • Repition is the mother of skill. Practise Practise practise.

Congrats good luck just don't eat to many doughnuts when you get in ;-)

Also it is very important that you get proper rest and keep hydrated.
  • Thanks Mark!!
    I actually cut down about 40 seconds off my first time which is awesome! I'm still over by about 10 seconds but it was a huge improvement!
    YA!
  • I'm going today for my second attempt! Wish me luck!
  • 811 is great for your fitness all round - anaerobic and aerobic, oxygen uptake is maximised because there's less obstructions in the body allowing energy for growth & gains (if the overload is provided ofcourse) and super fast recovery. Keep the training up, you sound like you are ontop of it babe !
    LOvefree
    • Thanks for the great tips everyone!

Unfortunately I haven't been able to train at all for the last week! My boyfriend brought home a nasty flu last week and I totally didn't think I would get it especially since I switched to 811! Then after I did the fitness test which I think shut down my immune system because my body was under sooo much stress, I ended up getting the flu. I definitely don't have it as bad as my bf has it, but it is keeping me from training!! gahhh!
This reply was deleted.