so i was thinking a good way to support you on your frugivore/HCRV journey is to have a 30 day challenge and what better time to kick off then Jan 1st 2021! i have been on board the frugivore diet since April 1st (and fruit-based for 14 years) and i will commit myself to this thread to help support you and answer your questions as best as i can. you could post what you eat here everyday (with pics if you want) which will help keep you accountable. doing 30 days on the frugivore diet or a high carb raw vegan diet is going to be a wonderful way to start the new year with a fresh light spirit and positive outlook. there are infinite free resources on this site if you need meal ideas or more motivation, just do a search in the thousands of discussions or photos. you can also check out my recent "what I eat in a week on the frugivore diet" or else my updated book go fruit yourself has meal planners and 32 of the best raw vegan recipes or the 80-10-10 Diet by doug graham is also fantastic. ok, so here we go! who is in??

here is a free pdf that was originally made for the 30 bananas a day website but will help on this challenge, you can download it by clicking here> FrugivoreDietBrochure.pdf

30 DAY FRUGIVORE DIET CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

• this is a raw living foods challenge so no cooked food is to be consumed or posted here in the thread. please share your raw breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner here and preferably with your calorie intake. 
  • please use https://www.cronometer.com to work out your calorie intake. females aim for 2100 or more calories per day (2500 is best). males for 2700 or more (3000+ best). 
  • please go out and buy a box of bananas and a box of dates to begin with!

* BELOW is a playlist below of 30 videos i made in 30 days about succeeding on a raw food (frugivore) diet, please watch:  

FREELEE'S RAW FOOD BOOK (with 30 of the best raw food recipes + much more):

15 EXAMPLE DAYS/WEEK OF EATING ON THE FRUGIVORE DIET (will add to a playlist): 

1. what i ate today as a raw vegan (2009)
  2. what i eat in a week (raw vegan shopping) (2012)
  3. what i eat in a day on a Fullyraw Diet (2013)  
  4. what I ate today on a raw food diet (2013)
  5. what i eat wednesdays raw vegan (2013)
  6. what i ate, exercise etc (2013)
  7. what i eat in a week on a living foods diet (2013)
  8. all the fruit i ate today, fully raw vegan diary (2013)
  9. raw food i ate today plus haul (2013)
  10. my raw vegan new years eve feast!(2014)
  11. what i ate on a fullyraw diet (2016)
  12. what i eat on a raw food diet (2016)
  13. 30 days raw, no poo day, shopping (2016)
  14. chatting about my raw food 30 day experience

FRUGIVORE RECIPES:

FRUGIVORE FOOD COMBINING & DETOX: 

EATING ENOUGH ON THE FRUGIVORE DIET:

FRUGIVORE RAW FOOD KITCHEN EQUIPMENT:

WEIGHT GAIN:

FAMILY:

TESTIMONIALS:

So what is The Frugivore Diet?

the frugivore diet is a fruit-based diet that best suits the human frugivores physiological requirements. this includes a living foods diet of mostly sweet and non-sweet fruits, leafy greens, some vegetables, nuts, seeds. if you would like to learn more about a humans basic anatomy in comparison to other frugivores and non-frugivorous animals then check out this comparative anatomy chart i revised. you can click on the picture for better quality. 

8345264701?profile=RESIZE_1200x

here is a simple infographic i put together many years ago that still applies today. i would just replace pasta with yams when it comes to optimal back up food. 

8345281865?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Replies

• Hi everyone, who is starting this in Jan 2023? 

• favorite dressing recipe: handful of medjool dates, slice or two of dried pineapple, 1 or 2 sticks of celery, 1 or 2 tomatoes, juice of half a lemon and half a lime, cilantro, a little bit of green onion, bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of coconut butter or coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of yellow curry paste. Add all ingredients to the blender with a little bit of distilled water. You can add more water if you want a more liquidy consistency/texture. Instead of water you can also use carrot juice.

Play around with it, to find the right ratio for your taste buds.

If you don't like curry you can use mustard instead for a sweet mustard dressing, or whatever spice you enjoy. You don't even need to add spices to it.

• I was raw for nearly two years but fell off the wagon in the summer of 2020. With a few attempts to get back to it I was struggling. I'm immune compromised due to IGA deficiency which means my body doesn't make IGA white blood cells. The symptoms generally manifest as frequent colds and flus but also as IBS GI distress. After I began eating cooked food again, I started getting sick again, and even ended up in the hospital a couple times. When I was raw I was never sick, which was a miracle after a lifetime of getting colds and flus several times a year. I got sick almost 2 months ago and decided to do the Markus Rothkranz protocol which is a 2 day water fast with a couple shots of apple cider vinegar and an enema each day. I carried the fast to nearly 4 days. I know Freelee doesn't recommend fasting but from the research I've looked at it can have benefits for people with IGA deficiency.

Once I broke the fast, I noticed that my cravings for cooked foods had significantly diminished. I've now been fully raw for nearly two months and I'm feeling great again. So many of my symptoms have subsided and I feel like the raw foodist I was for 2 years from 2018 to 2020. Perhaps cooked food works for some people but not for me. It's like flipping a switch when I eat even a little cooked food vs a fully raw high carb low fat diet.

I'm so happy to be a raw foodist again. 

• Hey guys! Didn't have a chance to post lately. Yesterday I had big smoothie of OJ, mango and pineapple. I didn't measure but it was big enough to fill my entire vitmaix lol. Lunch was bananas and dates (about 10 bananas and 10 dates), dinner was a simple cucumber noodle Asian dish. It was just marinated mushroom, red bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cilantro mix on top of cucumber noodles. It was a huge bowl. I also mashed up and added an avocado about halfway for more flavor. 

• Thanks for the challenge. I was waiting for it as a motivation. As a new year resolution, I aim to lose weight and get a fine body. To get my goals, I have started daily exercise including running, push-ups, and some sort of yoga to get muscle relaxed. I know this will be a slow process but it will help. In extra, I have consulted with the best dietitian in Lahore for the proper and healthy diet. Further, I came to know that there is also a body contouring treatment in Lahore with that you can lose weight and get targeted body shape through fat freezing, fat-melting, and other techniques. It was a surprise for me to see the results.

Trending | Body Sculpting and Reshaping | London Aesthetics
    LARC offers surgical and non-surgical treatments and procedures for fat reduction and muscle tightening which contour and improve the body exponentia…
  • bump! if you are keen to do the challenge here is the thread to post on :)

• Day 3 in the books! I mindlessly started to make a cooked component and then reminded myself of the commitment to raw! It would not have been a first-class crime but it feels much better to choose to honor my goal. I am pushing the carbs to get out of disordered eating but it is a little scary as my clothes grow tighter. As long as I am truly eating raw vegan (and possibly Raw Til 4 after this challenge ends) then I will trust the process. So blessed to have found Freely and this group!

9979975485?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Oops forgot to post yesterday. Well starting the new year off, I had a huge strawberry milkshake for breakfast. About 20 dates and strawberry's blended up. Lunch was raw "cereal" with about 8 chopped bananas, berries, and banana milk (about two banana blended up). Dinner was a huge salad with sprouts and a dressing which was about 2 tbsp tahini, 4 dates, garlic, lemon, and dill. It was great! 

• I am so happy about this challenge! I have been largely raw vegan but often incorporated one cooked food item every few days. I have a great deal of weight to still lose and I know this is the best way to eat and live. I recently gained 11 pounds upping my calories to 2100+ and then finally the numbers started to come down again as my body adjusted and I trust they will keep falling until I am normal weight. I am stoked to have found #freeleethebananagirl! I believe #thefrugivorediet will be a lifelong solution to ending a lifetime of disordered eating for me. This is the better way. Below is my raw dinner (I know the food combining would not work for everyone but it was exactly what I needed to finish my successful day!) Fresh mango, cut celery, sliced avocado, Medjool dates. I am 56 years old and strive for 80/10/10 - my default is to always for more carbs rather than upping the fat or protein (90/5/5) if needed. 9975182463?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Hi! 
    Started my day with warm water with the juice of a whole lime.

breakfast was a 6 banana, 4 cup blueberries, maybe 2 or more cups of strawberries, blended with ice and about 24 oz water

happy new year everyone !! ❤️ I hope to be encouraged as the day goes on. It has been easy for me to be raw in my rising and afternoon but dinners are harder. Hope to learn more recipes.

great to see everyone ❤️

This reply was deleted.