so i was thinking a good way to support you on your frugivore/HCRV journey is to have a 30 day challenge and what better time to kick off then Jan 1st 2021! i have been on board the frugivore diet since April 1st (and fruit-based for 14 years) and i will commit myself to this thread to help support you and answer your questions as best as i can. you could post what you eat here everyday (with pics if you want) which will help keep you accountable. doing 30 days on the frugivore diet or a high carb raw vegan diet is going to be a wonderful way to start the new year with a fresh light spirit and positive outlook. there are infinite free resources on this site if you need meal ideas or more motivation, just do a search in the thousands of discussions or photos. you can also check out my recent "what I eat in a week on the frugivore diet" or else my updated book go fruit yourself has meal planners and 32 of the best raw vegan recipes or the 80-10-10 Diet by doug graham is also fantastic. ok, so here we go! who is in??

here is a free pdf that was originally made for the 30 bananas a day website but will help on this challenge, you can download it by clicking here> FrugivoreDietBrochure.pdf

30 DAY FRUGIVORE DIET CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

• this is a raw living foods challenge so no cooked food is to be consumed or posted here in the thread. please share your raw breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner here and preferably with your calorie intake. 
  • please use https://www.cronometer.com to work out your calorie intake. females aim for 2100 or more calories per day (2500 is best). males for 2700 or more (3000+ best). 
  • please go out and buy a box of bananas and a box of dates to begin with!

* BELOW is a playlist below of 30 videos i made in 30 days about succeeding on a raw food (frugivore) diet, please watch:  

FREELEE'S RAW FOOD BOOK (with 30 of the best raw food recipes + much more):

15 EXAMPLE DAYS/WEEK OF EATING ON THE FRUGIVORE DIET (will add to a playlist): 

1. what i ate today as a raw vegan (2009)
  2. what i eat in a week (raw vegan shopping) (2012)
  3. what i eat in a day on a Fullyraw Diet (2013)  
  4. what I ate today on a raw food diet (2013)
  5. what i eat wednesdays raw vegan (2013)
  6. what i ate, exercise etc (2013)
  7. what i eat in a week on a living foods diet (2013)
  8. all the fruit i ate today, fully raw vegan diary (2013)
  9. raw food i ate today plus haul (2013)
  10. my raw vegan new years eve feast!(2014)
  11. what i ate on a fullyraw diet (2016)
  12. what i eat on a raw food diet (2016)
  13. 30 days raw, no poo day, shopping (2016)
  14. chatting about my raw food 30 day experience

FRUGIVORE RECIPES:

FRUGIVORE FOOD COMBINING & DETOX: 

EATING ENOUGH ON THE FRUGIVORE DIET:

FRUGIVORE RAW FOOD KITCHEN EQUIPMENT:

WEIGHT GAIN:

FAMILY:

TESTIMONIALS:

So what is The Frugivore Diet?

the frugivore diet is a fruit-based diet that best suits the human frugivores physiological requirements. this includes a living foods diet of mostly sweet and non-sweet fruits, leafy greens, some vegetables, nuts, seeds. if you would like to learn more about a humans basic anatomy in comparison to other frugivores and non-frugivorous animals then check out this comparative anatomy chart i revised. you can click on the picture for better quality. 

8345264701?profile=RESIZE_1200x

here is a simple infographic i put together many years ago that still applies today. i would just replace pasta with yams when it comes to optimal back up food. 

8345281865?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Replies

• I am crazy obsessed with datorade. It is my breakfast everyday now and I make at least 36 oz. if not more at a time to sip on for awhile. My favorite part is getting to the bottom and enjoy the little bits of gooey date that settled! I have been using coconut water with it and I am in 😍.  For lunch I ate a huge romaine salad with blueberries and homemade mustard dressing. Organic blueberries were on sale at the store, so they will make a lovely dinner along with bananas! 

• Day 13 was a large very sweet honeydew melon, Strawberries and bananas. 3 types of  fruit, but I ate loads of strawberries and about 12 bananas over the course of the day. It was a delicious day 😋

• Day 13 food:

- 1 watermelon for breakfast

- then a weird snacking all over the place lunch of katuk, cherimoya, pitahaya, mangoes, granadilla,

- then for dinner a big salad with mango sauce, plus a little hot sauce and coconut yoghurt (raw homemade but not by me), with machete beans on the side

- second dinner of a bowl of mango soup

- evening snacks: a really bad papaya I took 1 bite of and threw out (it tasted of nothing), handful of dates, coconut water

• Day 13

Breakfast: Smoothie 8 bananas, 8 dates, 2 cups mango, 2 stalks celery. 

Lunch: Attempted to eat 4 big mangos. Only could eat half. 

Dinner: Tried to finish other half of mangos. Followed by romaine, cucumber, tomato, half avocado with tahini dressing. 

Cronometer: 2630

8420640075?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Day 13 

Breakfast - banana passion fruit smoothie 

Lunch - berry and banana nicecream 

Dinner - orange and pineapple juice 

2,719 kcals 😳 Think I ate too much today 😬 To think when I started I struggled to eat this much and now I have to learn to hold back 😂

• I'd smash that!! Haha :'D 

I eat that many calories every single day...I don't think it's too much :D You're doing awesome <3 

• Day 12

Breakfast: 8 Banana smoothie with 2 cups peaches, 5 dates. 

Lunch: 2 lbs black grapes

Dinner: 6 cara cara oranges. Followed by  romaine, cucumber, cherry tomatoes with tahini dressing. 

Cronometer: 2414

I'm really annoyed with the quality of organic bananas here in NYC right now. They are ripening funny. Some start turning black before they get any brown spots and some are still green with brown spots. And they either have no flavor or there is a heavy medicine taste to them. I can't eat them outside of a smoothie because they taste like poison. Maybe they are being left out in the freezing cold too long during shipping? I purchased some non-organic to see if they are any better. 

• 8427711680?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Picked up some of those nice fat organic bananas from Target today. Felt so weird buying fruit from a Target, haha. 

• Me too!😁 I only went because on New Years day Aldi was closed and I was running low. But I'll definitely go there now. They were perfect.

This reply was deleted.