so i was thinking a good way to support you on your frugivore/HCRV journey is to have a 30 day challenge and what better time to kick off then Jan 1st 2021! i have been on board the frugivore diet since April 1st (and fruit-based for 14 years) and i will commit myself to this thread to help support you and answer your questions as best as i can. you could post what you eat here everyday (with pics if you want) which will help keep you accountable. doing 30 days on the frugivore diet or a high carb raw vegan diet is going to be a wonderful way to start the new year with a fresh light spirit and positive outlook. there are infinite free resources on this site if you need meal ideas or more motivation, just do a search in the thousands of discussions or photos. you can also check out my recent "what I eat in a week on the frugivore diet" or else my updated book go fruit yourself has meal planners and 32 of the best raw vegan recipes or the 80-10-10 Diet by doug graham is also fantastic. ok, so here we go! who is in??
here is a free pdf that was originally made for the 30 bananas a day website but will help on this challenge, you can download it by clicking here> FrugivoreDietBrochure.pdf
30 DAY FRUGIVORE DIET CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
- this is a raw living foods challenge so no cooked food is to be consumed or posted here in the thread. please share your raw breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner here and preferably with your calorie intake.
- please use https://www.cronometer.com to work out your calorie intake. females aim for 2100 or more calories per day (2500 is best). males for 2700 or more (3000+ best).
- please go out and buy a box of bananas and a box of dates to begin with!
* BELOW is a playlist below of 30 videos i made in 30 days about succeeding on a raw food (frugivore) diet, please watch:
FREELEE'S RAW FOOD BOOK (with 30 of the best raw food recipes + much more):
15 EXAMPLE DAYS/WEEK OF EATING ON THE FRUGIVORE DIET (will add to a playlist):
- what i ate today as a raw vegan (2009)
- what i eat in a week (raw vegan shopping) (2012)
- what i eat in a day on a Fullyraw Diet (2013)
- what I ate today on a raw food diet (2013)
- what i eat wednesdays raw vegan (2013)
- what i ate, exercise etc (2013)
- what i eat in a week on a living foods diet (2013)
- all the fruit i ate today, fully raw vegan diary (2013)
- raw food i ate today plus haul (2013)
- my raw vegan new years eve feast!(2014)
- what i ate on a fullyraw diet (2016)
- what i eat on a raw food diet (2016)
- 30 days raw, no poo day, shopping (2016)
- chatting about my raw food 30 day experience
- raw food apple strudel
- 2 quick raw food recipes
- 5 frugivore smoothie recipes
- Fullyraw dinner
- creamy corn chowder
- a few raw food recipes
- spicy mango tomato burgers
- creamy vanilla shake recipe
- check out the recipes section of the frugivore forum!
FRUGIVORE FOOD COMBINING & DETOX:
EATING ENOUGH ON THE FRUGIVORE DIET:
- chat about calories and raw food newbies
- i can't stop eating cooked food
- does freelee have orthorexia?
FRUGIVORE RAW FOOD KITCHEN EQUIPMENT:
- why are you gaining weight on a raw food diet?
- more about weight gain on raw
- weight loss on frugivore diet
- how to gain muscle on a frugivore diet
So what is The Frugivore Diet?
the frugivore diet is a fruit-based diet that best suits the human frugivores physiological requirements. this includes a living foods diet of mostly sweet and non-sweet fruits, leafy greens, some vegetables, nuts, seeds. if you would like to learn more about a humans basic anatomy in comparison to other frugivores and non-frugivorous animals then check out this comparative anatomy chart i revised. you can click on the picture for better quality.
here is a simple infographic i put together many years ago that still applies today. i would just replace pasta with yams when it comes to optimal back up food.