30 kilos overweight, motivation to excersise?

Hi fruit munchers,

I've been following a lfrv diet for about 2 months now, I'm 30 kilos overweight and I've been struggling a lot to go for runs. I live in London and it's always super cold in here... I know that's just my ego finding excuses not to go for runs but I feel quite guilty everyday that I don't excercise. Could it also be that I need a running partner? I don't personally know any other lfrv, I'm sorrounded by people that keep telling me "all those dates and bananas will give you a blood sugar problem!" and since I know this is a long-term process I'm not even able to prove them wrong by showing how much weight I've lost... I might have lost a couple of kilos of water but it becomes very hard to carry on with no support whatsoever. My only support are Durianriders and Freelee's videos plus some books.

I want to be able to go out in nature and enjoy the warmth of the sun, the beach... instead I find myself struggling to be on time for classes and meetings and some days stuck in the house all day in front of the computer. I want to go for a run but I just can't get myself to do it. Is it because I'm 30 kilos overweight? Do I need to stop worrying about excercising? I know it sounds like such a lame problem but I do get very stressed everytime I don't excercise because I'm too lazy.

I want to get myself a bike but I can't afford it at the moment. Getting a bike would be the perfect solution because I will have to excercise every time I want to get anywhere. Does someone in London have a bike for cheap?

Thanks for reading this and please comment if you have any suggestions!

FrutArianna

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Get a weighted hula-hoop! It is so much fun and burns about 7 calories per minute! Go to this site to find the right size/weight that will fit you best:

http://sports-hoop.com/product_sportshoop/page_sh_specification.aspx

I hula hoop while listening to music or watching a movie. It's a blast.

http://sports-hoop.com/product_sportshoop/page_sh_specification.aspx
  • Guys thank you SO much for your support, alll your comments have really helped a lot! I'm integrating exercise into my life and not stressing too much about it. Since I'm always late I'm walking super fast and long distances and I love it! I'm so thankful to the Universe for my two legs. However, I have great news... yesterday I bought a bike! my first bike ever :) What is best about it is that it's a recycled bike! :) I will start practicing this week and hopefully I will be able to get on London traffic soon enough! :)

• great job! and congratulations for finding and learning your bike too -- that's awesome.

i'm going to start learning hooping soon, and my yoga practice has increased dramatically; yay for you -- and me too :oP

• I actually just started walking about a month ago. I work 12 hour shifts, 24 to 36 hours at a time. During those 12 hours I am moving constantly. When I am off, I scrub my house down, floor boards and all. Still no formal exercise. My feet killed me! Me back hurt all the time! No more. All the pain is gone! 

Anyway, started walking a month ago or so. I was amazed at how fast I got around the mile course. Now I am up to 3 miles a day...when not working. No shortness of breath, no pain. Just be prepared to get hungry. About two weeks in, I started starving! I had to increase my calories just to be comfortable which had the nice side effect of increasing my energy! 

Life is good!

• Hi!  I have to make this quick because baby is crying (her name is Ariana, btw!). :)

I can only speak from personal experience.  It took me a couple months to have the motivation to exercise.  I knew I needed to, but I'd make excuses all the time (it's too cold out, it's too late in the day, there's weird-looking people out there, it's too hot out, etc.), so I exercised very rarely.  It's almost as if my body needed to finish getting all the toxins/fat out of my blood (I don't know if I believe this, but that's what it felt like) before the energy kicked in.  Once I lost a substantial amount of weight (30lbs/13 or 14 kilos), I just started feeling better all around.  More energy.  More confidence.  Easier breathing, especially while exercising.  Now, I *want* to exercise.  It's a completely new feeling!  And it's pretty awesome!  In fact, my husband and I are getting ready to go to the gym today, where I'm actually running on the treadmill for 20+ minutes at a time (I never could have done that even 3 months ago).

Be gentle with yourself.  Start small.  Definitely find an exercise buddy if you can.  You will get there! :)

• lol; there's weird looking ppl out there. that's great. 

• I'm 80kg and 162cm... that gives a BMI of 30.5.... pretty high right? I figured that somewhere between 55 and 66 is my perfect weight. I'm not expecting to lose it overnight (since I've been overweight all my life), it's just that I'm trying to find the most effective ways of excercising :)

• the most effective way is to just start moving your body. little bit, by little bit, you'll amaze yourself. you'll develop momentum as you're going, and want to do more naturally. you'll see ;o)

• I don't have a lot of input here because I'm in the same situation as you are, Arianna. I agree with the person who said to focus more on gaining good health than actual weight loss. For me, that alone keeps me more motivated to even stick to the eating part of this.

• when i don't feel like going out but need to do some moving, i do jumping jacks in my room!  i also love body weight exercises and hiking, i've been seeing better results from doing those than i ever did from working out in a gym.  when you truly enjoy what you're doing, you'll be more likely to do it regularly and get the results you want.  there's a group on here that's really helped me, check out your body is your gym.  i've gotten a lot of great moves there that i now do almost every day, hope that helps =]

This reply was deleted.