Not sure how many of you have seen Tarah Shannon's videos and website
40belowfruity.com

But I personally have been so blessed by her.  It's nice to see the other videos of people playing in the sun and the surf and some tropical paradise. But reality for many of us is WINTER.  So I thought it would be fun/interesting to see who's doing hcrv in winter weather and find out how it's going, what you are doing to keep your goals etc. 

For me connecting with people is important for encouragement. THANKS TARAH!! 

Also doing outside exercise and indoor exercise. 

Perhaps someone more technologically advanced could post all tarah's videos in this thread and I think Chris Randall has some good videos on this too.  I figure I can use the encouragement and so can all the other winter fruities out there.  So share what you are doing and finding to eat etc. 

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello from not too far away! (Stratford). It seems to be warming up a bit more, how are you doing?

I'm just beginning the transition to 811 for May. Currently I'm working on cleaning up my (vegan) diet while I wait on some money. Have you ever been to the St Jacobs Farmers Market? You can often get produce there for really good prices. I'm sure they have an even bigger one in Toronto though! 

• Wicked deal!

• There are beautiful mountains here as well! 

I can only imagine how you felt living in Jasper. It's incredible there. 

Those are great deals! We don't necessarily find deals like that here. It's usually pretty standard:
    $35 for 40lbs organic bananas
    $22 for a case of 14 conventional ataulfo mangos

$55 for 40lbs of organic oranges

We are able to find some great organic produce from local farms in the summer though. 

• Understandable. I'm loving mango oranges right now! A seriously delicious variety from Buck Brand organic oranges.

• You're doing great for living in Alberta. 

You can always change your location in Canada as well. I just moved back to Vancouver Island. It's a temperate rainforest here and an incredible conscious community! Warm all year round and amazing produce. 

• I think I'm going to get your ebook. I live in Buffalo, NY and the long winters make raw a bit more difficult. I've been on a citrus kick lately. Is organic frozen fruit ok to add to smoothies? I know that fresh is better but I really love to add pineapple to blended oranges or mango or cherries to some of my banana smoothies.
    • Organic frozen fruit is absolutely ok to add to smoothies! I use organic frozen berries almost daily. 

• I just created an E-Book for people who may have been struggling over the winter :) 

Check it out if you want to start spring off fresh! I put together everything I've learned from being 100% Raw for the past 3 years. 

http://www.40belowfruity.com/spring-cleanse

It includes: 

★ Sweet and savoury recipes with full colour photos

★ Ripening guide for all fruits included in the cleanse

★ Complete shopping lists for all 14 days of the cleanse

★ Affirmations that will have you feeling confident and beautiful

★ Week 1 and 2 meal plans filled with simple & delicious foods

★ Fitness guide to find the movement you love most

★ Full colour fruity photos

★ Practices to enhance your happiness

★ 3 personalized videos to help you get motivated & show you how to use your plan

8187723281?profile=original

• thank you for posting this.. it's not always so warm in the part of the world I am in, and every little bit of information helps. we have a very short growing season here :-(   

I'll be definitely checking out the 40belowfruity.com   :)

This reply was deleted.