Replies

• I'm not sure about "dont get enough sleep and rest" I don't understand how you can sleep more that 4-6 hours when u r on 955-811.
    • maybe it's because of eating too much, emphasizing "eat enough calories" which retards digestion, increasing sleep
  • Not forgetting the fact that the last 2 reasons don't apply for people with language barriers, my mum can only communicate in Cantonese and mandarin, someone get Doug Graham to translate his words!! But I guess nobody would, cause everyone is just too busy bothering about making money and ignoring their health. Sigh!
    • You could translate yourself bit by bit?
  • I'm sorry, but I don't like the first three reasons at all.
  • debbie..dont tell me you dont watch Hootenanny every new years!! its a British tradition!

off topic..

reasons.. people arent at that breaking point..yet..

you have to hit rock bottom, get some perspective...and be ready to make real changes.. just my two pennys!
  • Ha ha!

I'll tell you why I didn't want to believe it was the way to go, even after going raw....
    BECAUSE IT'S HARD! Ha ha.

Well, it is to start with. And I think it's actually hard to just switch over, overnight. The way I've come to it after all these years is by approaching it from a slightly cooked, low fat vegan diet and gradually weaning myself off the cooked food. I was trying to get to it through a high fat raw diet and that was quite difficult, I found.

But yeah, I think that's the main reason - that it's a tough journey for some, and we're not used to inflicting those upon ourselves.

The other big reason, I think, is because people are kept in the dark. I'm just reading the China Study at the moment and I'm nothing short of sickened by the fact that the correlation between high fat, animal fat and various illnesses like cancer and heart disease has been known for a number of years. And yet the public know nothing about it. What other word for that is there but obscene?

Governments go chasing weapons of mass destruction that don't exist when the one that's right in front of them is apparently invisible. I wonder what the aliens make of all this. Sigh.

Kxx
  • I don't think those 5 reasons apply, I think its more how society has shaped their thinking, you can't blame them... if advertisements and media's were publishing articles or content based on the raw food diet (80/10/10 or...wtv), then people would stand up and do some research. I know that many people out there who are highly intelligent, but they are just bombarded with the wrong culture ever since young... I don't think you should expect people to do a 180 turn and just go on a raw food diet... like my parents, its very hard to persuade them to understand what I'm doing, and you shouldn't label them as lazy and stupid... I think it's not very ethical as this portrays us as what the media is portraying us... I do admit that the capitalist world has degraded human society pretty badly. In fact, we should be more embracing.
  • 6) they don't have jackfruit widely available. Man that stuff is too easy to overeat and over stuff myself.
    • jackfruit is my all-time favorite fruit! you should have called me Sam, before you ate all that yumminess - I would have helped out! : )
This reply was deleted.