8 months high carb and no changes

Hi everybody!

So I have been eating high carb low fat vegan since November (so it's 8th month now) but I don't feel any changes. At first I tried eating as much fruit as I was able to get but then during the winter it was really expensive so I switched to eating cooked carbs. From time to time I do eat some fatty products but it isn't that much. Also, I exercise regularly (sometimes I run about 4 km, most of the time I ride bike to school which is about 20km forth and back). I drink about 2-3 liters of water per day, sometimes less.

In fact, I have experienced some changes, for example, I feel better, my hair and nails are stronger. The problem is, my weight haven't changed a bit. I mean, I haven't gained or lost any of it. Sometimes it really pisses me off... That's why I created this topic! So if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong, I'll be pleased to hear.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I might have calculated it wrong all this time, I don't know :/ Of course there was moments when I craved junk food and just couldn't resist it... It seems that I should pull myself together!

Thanks and sorry for answering so late!

• Oh yeahh, I'm going to stay hclf vegan undoubtedly. I have been using cronometer for some time earlier when I just started but I stopped now. Maybe I should start all over again because I have to admit there were few times when I fucked everything up and ate a lot of fatty and salty foods.

I get the idea of being really REALLY consistent and patient about this lifestyle to see the results. It's just that I started to doubt that it is suitable for everyone (I'm talking about rawtill4). For example, it was really hard not to eat fruits after dinner and now I allow myself to do it. Honestly, I don't feel any negative effects after that. I just can't feel absolutely satisfied without having something sweet. Maybe it's because I don't eat enough fruits in the morning but as I've mentioned before, right now I haven't got money for that (if it were for me, I would somehow find money for it but I still live with my parents who manage all that).

Calorie restriction. Well that is what pisses me off the most, really. Because Freelee and others say it so many times that no one should restrict the calories, not ever. So...

P.S. Sorry for the delay, wasn't able to answer earlier :/

• How much fat in grams are you consuming daily? Or daily salt intake?... Your body will test your patience but you can't be mad at it, it is your only temple after all, embrace it...
    • Sorry, I can't tell you that precisely now because I haven't been using cronometer for a while now :/ But from the majority of the comments I think that I should go back and start using it again.

Sorry for the delay and thanks!

• Hi,

I think to have any chance of figuring out whats going on we would need a LOT more information. Detailed information about your previous diet/lifestyle and what you're doing now including detailed info about meals. info on age, height, weight and what your goals are. In terms of hydration whats also important is how many times a day you pee and is it clear?

Other than that, be mindful of where sources of oil/fat could be coming into your diet and be mindful that it can take time to get to your ideal state :)

• I gained over 40 pounds in six months being on this diet and still haven't lost any of it 18 months in. But you know what? I feel so much better! I have a WAY better relationship with food! I'm not in constant fear of calories and food!!! Focus on what's changed for the better! Your body loses the weight after it's finished healing itself. Thinking too much about it may interfere with that since stress fucks with everything.

• Maybe this is the weight your body wants to be at? Try going back to the diet before HC Vegan and then tell us if you haven't felt better on it!!

• Oh, I have gone back for a week (eating vegan junk food) and I haven't felt so much difference really. I don't know... maybe I was not consistent enough earlier :/

• Well, I don't know what "isn't that much" means to you. But Freelee says to not have any fatty foods like nuts or avocados no more than 1 once a week. 2 at the very most. But just remember it's gonna take time! It took freelee 3 years to get results. At least you didn't gain.
This reply was deleted.