One doctor said I had Barrett's Esophagus. Another said pre-cancer GURD. I suffered for 6 years. No medication helped me. I tried them all. The last doctor said it was autoimmune Acid Esophagus. They all had a name for it but not one could help me. When I started Mono eating the pain & acid ended without toxic medications filled with side effects that made my autoimmunity even worse. Oh by the by, the drugs were $108.00 a month! Do any of you suffer from acid reflux? Mono eating at each meal is the only way my esophagus could heal. Thank you 80/10/10 

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello JackG,

I guarantee you that the esophagus is able to heal and reverse damage. Your medical doctor probably told you that that is impossible. I am here to tell you that my esophagus was extremely damaged. When I changed to this lifestyle after one year my esophagus is completely healed and normal. I had an Endo scopic test done. the doctor was amazed at my healing. I wish you the best of luck my friend. You are going to feel better than you ever have.

• I had daily heartburn, and severe tummy issues, and as long as I am raw and paying attention to food combinations I have zero problems now. My husband also was eating anti acids like candy and his issues are completely gone too. We've been more committed the last six weeks or so and feel great.  I'm so glad that you're feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

• I am struggling with horrible acid reflux. I am so scared about this because my beloved father died of esophageal cancer in December 2010. My throat is so swollen and sore and my stomach burns at night after dinner. Prior to doing 80 10 10, which I started doing 100% in the last 1-2 weeks, my acid reflux was not a problem. However, after starting 80 10 10 my acid reflux has been out of control. I have not been mono mealing which may be a big part of the problem, but I am also wondering if there are certain fruits/vegetables I should avoid?

Should I avoid any of the following fruits/vegetables?...

-Strawberries

-Apples

-Raw Sweet Corn

-Tomatoes 

-Lemon

-Lime

Are the above foods okay or not okay to eat if one has bad acid reflux? Are they okay if eaten in mono form?

Are there any other fruits/vegetables I should avoid besides the nightshades?

Should I avoid tomatoes and nightshade foods forever or just until my acid reflux calms down? 

Those of you that have healed acid reflux from 80 10 10 do you only eat one type of fruit at meal or do you find your acid reflux is fine if you combine properly, like for example eating a meal of bananas & dates or strawberries & blueberries?

If someone could please please advise me I would so greatly appreciate it! I really need help as I am so worried about my acid reflux and in a lot of pain!

• This reply was deleted.
      • Thank you for your condolences for my father. So since you eat more greens than fruits are you still raw or do you cook your greens. Did you find that mono meals helped you or do you eat a variety of fruits in a meal? Do you find that any specific fruits or veggies help heal your acid reflux? Do you find there are other fruits besides citrus and nightshades that aggravate your acid reflux? Thank you for your help!

• Congratulations! I have only been on this diet for 2 weeks and it has cured my GERD as well, along with my severe asthma. :)
  • Nancy, Thank you!

• Hello sickNoteBro, I t took 3 months for my gurd to stop. I did drop in poundage at first also. The pounds came back on after time. Eat more! Eat a lot of dates. You will heal. I wish you fast health. Thank you for your comment dear. 

• sounds like you're detoxing big time.... can you take it easier and decrease cooked food a bit at a time? all the best...  getting off such drugs mustn't be easy on the body..  

• I had GERD too. Even going raw didn't fix it. It stopped as soon as I dropped the fat down to below 10% and learned to food combine. I think eating celery a few times a day also helps.
  • I used to suffer from acid reflux/GERD. I was on 40mg of Zegerid for a month, and the acid came back when I got off the drugs. Started eating raw - within a week, GONE.

(This was 4yrs ago when I first did raw)

This reply was deleted.