Here are 9 things I've learned from Freelee and Durianrider over the years. 

1) You can change peoples lives if you stick to your message and repeat it often enough. 

SLEEP WATER SUGAR. CARB THE FUCK UP. EARLY NIGHTS. PISS CLEAR. CARBS ARE KING. CADENCE. FUCK CALORIE RESTRICTION. Harley has a simple message and he repeats it often. If you've watched 12 of his older videos, that would be enough to give you all the info you need to succeed with this diet and lifestyle. But info alone is not enough, you need inspiration as well. So by watching his vids repeatedly and hearing the same message over and over, you get and stay inspired.

Tip: Come up with a short and sweet message and repeat it often in your videos, hashtags, and conversations you have in real life.

2) Your self image will determine your results. 

Freelee used to be chubby. Durianrider used to be more reserved. Now Freelee is fit as fuck and Durianrider is as loud mouthed as anyone. How did they get this way? Their self image changed. 

Durianrider and Freelee both helped shape each others self images to get them to wherre they are today. Durianrider told Freelee she was lean and fit long before she ever was. She believed him. Now look. Her belief has made it a reality for her. Likewise, Freelee told Durianrider his message was important and more people needed to hear it long before anyone else believed it to be true. Now? Durianrider (and his followers) actually believes his message is the #1 most important message in the world and he isn't afraid to literally shout from the rooftops about it. 

Tip: Because your self image is the way you see yourself, and the way you see yourself determines the actions you will and won't take, start cultivating the kind of self image you want by writing out a written description of the person you want to be. 

3) Your message is more important than shine and glitter. 

Make YouTube videos daily. Forget the fancy edits if that's what holding you back. Just set up a camera, speak into it with passion, upload your video, sit back and enjoy the comments, and repeat this process daily. Just get the fuck done! 

Tip: YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL. SO GO TELL IT. GET OVER YOURSELF!

4) Haters goona hate.

Bring on the negative comments, the dislikes and the trolls. The more your message affects people, the more you have to realize that some people just arent ready for your message and they'll take it out on you in the form of hate comments.

The hater to lover ratio usually starts out at about 0:1 because no body knows who you are. This isn't where you wanna be, but it can be a safe comfort zone for people to get stuck in.

As you get more popular, more people will start to love you, but the hater:lover ratio soon changes from 0:1 to 1:10 and then to 2:5 and then to 3:4. It's OK! Cause the people that love you will REALLY LOVE you both in person AND online, whereas those that hate you will only hate you behind their computer screen and bag of cheetohs. 

Tip: Fuck the haters. Block/Delete/Move on. Put out content for those who wanna see it. Those who wanna watch it will, those who don't won't. It's all good. 

5) You CAN hurt peoples feelings by talking shit about them on social media.

Saying something viscous to someones face in private is one thing, but saying it in front of 10,000 or 100,000 people on social media has a different affect. It can be beyond embarrassing and damaging for peoples egos to get called out in front of so many people, but Free and Harley have no issue doing it when they feel the call out is rightfully deserved. Think High carb hannah, fully raw kristina, dan mcdonald, doug graham, gabrielle cousens, david wolfe, mark sisson, paul nison, the list goes on... Each of these people (usually) kept silent and took the shit that harley and freelee dumped on them, but inside, they were hurt. 

Tip: If you're going to say shit about someone on social media, be prepared to own up to it and live with it for the rest of your life, AND don't be afraid to make amends when you do meet up in person. There's no need to hold a grudge long term.

6) People love drama and black and white advice.

Why tell people that you've been de-moted to regulars guests at The Woodstock Fruitfest when you could say that "Kristina voted us off" and that "We've been BANNED"? The latter two sentences work so much better with attracting views, and the more views you get, the more people you can through to with the vegan message.

Harley and Freelee are not afraid to give black and white advice either. People ask 'how much should I eat?' and instead of telling them a vague answer like 'depends on your body weight' or 'go by feel' they say '3,000 calories or 30 bananas a day MINIMUM' this way, it gives people an answer to use right away, and because it's so dramatic (30 bananas!?!?!?) people talk about it with others and spread the message further.

Tip: Give straight up answers. No more fence sitting. If they wanna inquire they can later, but do whatever you can to slightly exaggerate your answer in the most helpful way possible. People ask Harley "how many videos should I make per week?" Harley's response: MORE! #uploadthefuckup

7) We are all fake. Those who deny it are even more fake.

The people you see on YouTube DO NOT act this way in real life most of the time. I've met almost every raw vegan Youtuber and being one myself I can tell you that we are all ACTERS and ACTRESSES on YouTube. 

Nobody wants to watch boring people be boring. They wanna see AMAZING PEOPLE BE AMAZING. So when the camera starts recording, we step up and step out of our boring shell and we act. In the name of VEGANISM, just to get our message out there. We make a sacrifice, and it's fun as hell. Try it for yourself :)

Harley in real life is much more down to earth. He's calm, considerate, and super easy going. Good listener too. Doesn't talk as much as you'd expect. Freelee is farrrrrrrrr less confrontational than she appears in her vids. She's the furthest thing from a 'bitch.' But on screen, watch out. Bitch is back and Harley is as loud mouthed as ever. 

If you ask Harley and Freelee if they're acting on YT they'll tell you 'obviously' but if you ask other Youtubers and they say 'no way, i'm the real me on youtube' then you can consider that a red flag. You've been warned. 

Tip: Learn to express an emotion on camera that you rarely express in your day to day lie. You will feel high after each video you film with this new persona. And people will love seeing this new side of you.

8) Re-use and recycle. 

How many times have you heard Durianrider use the same quotes? Use the same photos? Use the same video clips or sound bites? Use the same plastic bag, wear the same t-shirt, or ride in the same bike shorts OVER AND OVER AND OVER again until they totally fall to shit?

How many times has Freelee worn the same yoga pants, the same crop top, the same bikini, or posed in the same pose, said the same thing, used the same hashtag or eaten the same recipe day in and day out? Got Dateorade?  

You don't need the newest and best equipment, the newest and best recipes, or the newest and best ideas. You need to use what you have. Work them in. Get good at using one or two things and become the best at those!

9) Cycling is the ultimate weight loss tool.

Unlike running and swimming where you can really only go for 1-2 hours a day without risking injury or boredom, cycling allows you to ride 4-6 hours a day, everyday - without risk of injury or boredom. As a result, you can burn SO MANY MORE calories.

This amount of calorie burning is not possible with running or swimming long term because as stated above, you can't do em for more than 1-2 hours without having to stop. Cycling is the ultimate life hack for when it comes to getting lean. Just look at the tour de france riders. WAYYY LEANER than any runner or swimmer. Note: there level of body fat is not healthy, but it at least proves it's more likely to attain lower body fat as a cyclist than a swimmer or runner.

Tip: ride your bike everyday. And don't think you have to run a lot. You don't. Running 5-20km a week is plenty so long as you're keeping fit on the bike. Find a good hill and smash it on repeat. Get a good bike fit and be sure you're always spinning between 90 and 100 cadence. 

**BONUS** 10) Get on Strava. 

My fitness has improved MEGA thanks to taking Durianriders advice and getting on Strava. It's not competition factor that I like the most, it's the goal setting and number accumulating that I love.

Sure, getting on the front page of any leader board is always nice, and striving to get the KOM can be addicting, but there are always better guys out there than me, so I focus on being the best me I can by uploading as many miles as I can to Strava each week and always aiming for improvements. In short: Strava holds me accountable.

I use it to track my progress with my swimming, cycling and running, and to make sure I'm not over doing it on my quest to becoming a great triathlete.

Find me on strava @ "Ted FRUITARIAN Ⓥ เจ Carr" and find me on Youtube at "FruitLiving" or on Instagram @fruitarain 

---

Thanks for reading! I've been raw vegan for 7 years and a triathlete for about the same amount of time. Questions? Ask me anything. Inbox me here on 30BAD or post below in comments. 

ted and harley8191813292?profile=original

maxresdefault (2).jpg

301969_10150286561092020_5214894_n.jpg

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –