Cycling help!!

Hi there!

Prior to this lifestyle, I was lifting weights, doing tons of circuit workouts (burpees, squats, push-up's, etc). I was super lean and cut. After starting the lifestyle, in November, all of my lean muscle turned to fat. Now, I've been focusing a lot of cycling (mainly indoor for now until it gets warmer here in Philly). I'm not worries about the weight gain, because I know it all comes with starting this lifestyle.

I am just curious ... Will cycling daily build muscle on top of the fat that was previously muscle, or will it burn all the fat then turn into lean muscle? Note that I am doing 45 minutes to an hour a day at a talking pace with intervals of hills. Not taking any classes.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ps mucles can't turn into fat.You just got some fat around your muscles and on top of that your muscles shrank.
  • I feel the same.I was so cut and lean prior to this lifestyle,but yes...with starvation and weight lifting for years...we had to gain weight.I've been cycling,running since then.I do power yoga.I still feel soft,and uncomfortable in my body.I accepted that.I believe in this lifestyle,Freelee is a perfect example that we don't need to kill ourselves in a gym.Now it depends what you want.For the weight to come off and see your muscles(they probably got smaller,but you can rebuild them easily since you have the base)again you will need patience.For bigger muscles or to rebuild them you should go back to lifting.If you want lean body like Freelee just in your version-well you know what to do :)
  • "All of my lean muscle turned to fat"

This doesn't make sense to me....sounds to me like you just put a little fat on, and are looking to get rid of it....

• Hello! :-) Muscle cells and fat cells are not the same thing. Muscle cannot "turn into" fat and vice versa.

To answer your question, cycling should result in fat loss. I personally did not build muscle from cycling because I was already lifting weights. If you want legs that are muscular and thick, you might want to lift weights again. If you want to drop body fat, stick to cycling and other aerobic activity! It's also a good idea to incorporate both as long as you are not under-recovering from training sessions.

This reply was deleted.