Enzymes

Looking for good enzymes. I've been trying to find a good source. I've used Karyn's, which are Howell's formula. matt Monarch has Fred Bischi's and I've been steered toward Vitalzym. Most of these recommend 4-5 before a meal. Enzymedica say take 1 before a meal. Is it because Enzymedica is more potent, or are the others trying to get people to use more of theirs to sell more?

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What enzymes is Vitalzym referring to ?
  • Chris, The enzymes in food are there for the plants special needs not their consumers. The only time anyone would need to take enzyme supplements would be in case they have a damaged pancreas or had it removed..
  • Hey Chris,

What do you want to buy enzymes for, when your body is making them for you every day? Consuming exogenous enzymes makes our body lazy. If we are consuming enzymes, our body thinks "Oh id dont need to bother making as many today". If we arent producing enzymes, genuinely, then we have a zinc and/or protein deficiency present. The latter can be corrected by improving the dietary protein and amino acid intake, the former can be corrected through temporary supplementation. Enzymes are essentially protein, with a zinc backbone.

If you really need enzyme supplements, when your zinc/protein levels are good, its a strong indication that either you are not chewing your food properly, or you are consuming foods which are not natural or fit for human consumption, or are consuming foods in quantities which are exceeding your boduys requirements or digestive capacity.

Stick with tender leafy greens, instead of the tough veggies. Keep your fat intake relatively low, and keep your fruit intake limited to the RIPE fruits. Follow this advice and you will have no need for expensive enzyme supplements.

Take care

Adam x
    • Laughter, why?
    • I do eat some cooked foods. So should I take enzymes with those?
      • no, there is no need. Just chew properly, and cook your food lightly.
  • Keep your money in your pocket or support a worthy cause.

Not these crooks.
  • I have to agree with these other two people... our bodies produce their own enzymes. And there are also enzymes in the fruit we eat. No need to buy supplemental stuff! =)
This reply was deleted.