Hello everyone!

I have been on a raw till 4 officially since Jan 4th. I say officially because that is when I started using the cronometer. So far I am down 5.8 pounds and I have more energy during the day. I consider that to be a successful start! I have been getting more exercise and l am looking at joining a local gym. It's also nice having more energy for things like doing dishes that I used to let pile up every day.

About a year ago I switched to a vegetarian diet. My initial reason was trying to increase energy because I noticed after a big cheeseburger/pizza/bbq lunch I would be struggling to stay awake for hours. After doing research I also became convinced not eating meat was the right thing to do ethically.

At first the veg diet worked well. I started out with lots of fruits and vegetables. But as time wore on I just started eating the things I liked and going to town with the olive oil. As you can imagine I started getting the chronic fatigue again and putting on the pounds. i can't believe I missed out on one crucial point: I needed to drop the processed oils as well as the animal products!!! I smothered my food in olive oil, cooked in coconut oil, and would eat a pound of cashews as a snack. Oh well live and learn :)

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey P and welcome!!

Let us know how your journey progresses! 

Vegan <3 

• Thanks for the welcomes :) I'll have to set some kind of goals I guess. I'm just happy right now it's working.

• welcome!

• That's awesome! Thanks for motivating me.
This reply was deleted.