how many times should i be exercising

hiya i have started to up my calories after coming from a restrictive background, today i decided to take it upon myself to do a few mile bike ride and found myself getting out of breath when going up hills. will this begin to go away as i begin to build my fitness back up again?..after being stationary for a month the only movement i was doing was mucking out my horse occasionally when my mum was convinced i was well enough to!

i now just want to prove to my family i can now start exercising again without going back to my restrict past and also benefit the planet as well as my health...i have missed going out and moving i can see that it has really motivated me, but when i am back at school i can only really walk for 20mins a day and then on weekends muck out, ride and also go out for longer walks/bike rides, does this sound like a enough physical activity to start building me up again?

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Milllie, as long as you're getting to sleep early every night without any trouble, you're probably active enough in my opinion. Over time, as my fitness and health have improved, I've begun to require more exercise/movement to feel my best. It's good to push yourself, absolutely. But it's all about finding something you can do daily, and that means you have to enjoy it a LOT. There is no one activity that everyone, in every life situation, should do. It's just important that you get out in the sun and play. That's what health is all about. You can't be unhealthy if you eat right, stay drug free, sleep etc. and play outside with your friends.

• yeah i need to remain consistent, i have been walking for two years now at the beginning just from school to get the bus which was 20 mins a day in the summer i then upped it to 3 hrs and was riding my horse for 4hrs because the warm weather and longer days, done this for about a month! now i will be returning to school after being stationary for about a month other than the horse chores at the stables.. the thing is i have to wake at about 6 every morning to go to school and then i don't get back till around 4 by then its dark here in england so the most i could do is carry on my 20mins walking and abit more walking/jogging when i get home for 30mins that would add up to 50mins per day everyday then more on weekends when i have more free time.. and then at weekends ride my horse and bike... the weather is also crap here and also my parents are wary of me doing any exercise because of my restrictive past and weight lose.

• I do an hour and a half to two hours of p90x, p90x2 or p90x3 or insanity every single day when i first wake up. No food at all before. Do as much as you can/want.
    • sounds like burnout road to me. How long have you been doing that?

• oh wow that great i used to do insanity for a while, i really need to build my self up again after being stationary for so long, do yo think i will gain weight i carry on being pretty stationary as when I'm back at school i won't be able to workout for an hour and half in the mornings... also my mum keeps watching me with an observant eye and doesn't want me to do much because of my previous weight lose but she can't hold onto that forever. also what is p90x?

• Yes. Cycling is by far the best fitness base for beginners.

For the hills and you running out of breath, could mean two things:

1. As you stated youre not fit enough, at the moment.

2. You were pushing too hard.

Just keep cycling, and dont exercise if youre sore. Try for 3 or 4 days a week exercise minimum. (Walking not included)

Update us on your fitness journey, i'll be glad to give advice, as someone who used to be 330 pounds and got down to 170s.

• would you advise to keep to the same route for awhile to allow my body to get used to it then begin to extend further distances, walking is the only one i can do really on week days when i am back at school because it gets dark here in the evenings now its winter, i currently am 99 pounds and have previously suffered from anorexia causing my heart rate to decrease and level of activity to drop as having no energy what so ever, have only been doing hclfv for a few weeks now so I'm yet waiting for my optimal energy to kick in to give me that boast sure did today when i had my dateorade, also i am not riding a top notch bike either so that may have an effect (its pretty old and rusty), thanks for advice sure will keep you up to date in the next few weeks :)

This reply was deleted.