Can someone explain this seemingly contradictory .......

they are both universal laws, right? how does it works out there?.. in the universe

Just to spice up this discussion a bit I give you these two time-lapse videos

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• sorry Dan Donovan im slow sometimes
  • how??
  • I heard people are more likely to choose mates that remind them of themselves, oddly enough. But I can see how this is true, I find myself most attracted to people similar to me, personality wise and look wise. I have dark brown hair, tan skin, brown eyes and I find myself most attracted to others like that. As well as, vegans, people who are kind, funny, appreciate life and have many hobbies (such as myself). I couldn't do an opposite of me, my goodness that would be awful! I'd find myself trying to constantly change the other person!!

I don't see how others could date an opposite, unless the person looking for an opposite of themselves is really horrible.

• although I tend to have and express opinions about everything when the situation is...'right'...which happens to mean in the most unright of circumstances there is always a sense of the opposite pole to fulfillment, a sort of heavy emptiness afterwards, this must be the universe way to balance something out...
    • that is so true!
  • I would prefer someone opposite to me. I have zero interest in being in a relationship with someone who shared all my personality traits ( both bad & good).
    • Being alike and exactly the same are different concepts.  People can be alike in areas for differing reasons. 

As a couple, enjoy mountain biking or skiing or hiking.  For her, maybe she enjoys the chance for exercise, skill and precision development, and for him the chance to wear himself out, release stress and be outdoors.

The same movie likes may be the storyline and cinema photography for one, the action and actors for the other.

Doing and sharing the same likes can be exciting when opposite or contrasting ideas are introduced.

In this same thread (above this comment), I listed some opposites...

• im trying to imagine right now what someone opposite to you would be like...
      • You: peaceloving, Him: beats you up, solves problems with violence.

Into sex VS, disgusted by sex.

Into theater vs hating theater, into Monster trucks.

Love travel, vs agrophobic

Loves to cuddle, vs hates to be touched

Thrifty vs financially irresponsible

wants lots of kids, hates kids.

How about if you had all of these opposite your intended?

• But maybe its deeper than what is on the surface.  Maybe all of those superficial opposites are there, but underneath there is more similarity than it seems.

I find that what we do with things can look different, but people are dealing with the same issues.  A drug addict looking for escape and a spiritual purist are perhaps dealing with the same need on the inside for something else.

We are all human in the end...

This reply was deleted.