Me Performing 100 Yoga Poses Video...

Hi everyone!

I was originally inspired to try yoga through the yoga charts and yoga videos that I saw on-line, so I decided to make a YouTube video in hopes of inspiring some more people to get into yoga :)

I perform 100 different postures in this video and I also provide the names of all 100 poses so it will hopefully be educational as well as inspirational ;)

I want to say that I strongly believe that promoting yoga is an overlooked way of promoting veganism!  Show me the person who has been doing yoga on a regular basis for years who still eats Big Macs and hotdogs, or who's an alcoholic, or who feels that they have "enemies" in this world.

When you get into yoga you become aware of a certain concept which is usually referred to as, "What goes around comes around." and you quikly realize that if it is your desire to have peace and happiness in your life you should never intentionally prevent others from having peace and happiness in theirs. Sure, not all yogi's are vegan or eating 30 bananas a day, but they certainly tend to gravitate towards more of a plant based diet than the average person, and more importantly would probably be far more likely to consider becoming a vegetarian or a vegan if they are presented with the the information and inspiration that we have than the average person.

In so many other forms of fitness (especially bodybuilding and virtually any form of "competitive" sport" out there) there is such a strong belief by many who are involved in them that, "I'm an athelete and I work-out so I need to eat meat in order to get enough protein¨, but again, show me the person who says "I do yoga so I have to eat meat."  I just don´t see that happening.

I also want to say that almost half of these poses are poses that I just came up with when filming this project. I've been doing yoga for years and have never really thought of new poses before, but for some reason once I started this project I was thiking of new yoga poses without even trying to and I was happening so often that I kept waking up in the middle of the night and turning the light on so I could draw poses that were just popping up in my mind. I hope that some of these new poses will find their way into yoga charts, yoga classes, and individual person's routines.

For anyone curious, the yoga poses in this video that I came up with were...

* King Lotus Pose
* Medievel Pose
* Frozen Lotus
* Walrus Pose
* Baby Dragon In Egg Pose
* Flower Blooming Pose
* Seashell Pose
* Yin Yang Pose 1
* Yin Yang Pose 2
* God Pose
* Devil Pose
* Upsidedown Goddess Pose
* Balance Pose
* Tangled Roots Pose
* Tangled Roots Leaning Towards The Sun Pose
* Tangled Tip Toe Pose
* Intense Stretch On Tip Toes
* Wheel Pose On Fingers And Toes
* Bow And Arrow Pose 2
* Warrior Pose 4
* Lightning Headstand
* Temple Pose
* Straightjacket Pose
* Corpse Pose In Rigor Mortis
* Head To Knee Pose Intense Stretch
* Master Of Puppets Pose
* Standing On Your Hands While Doing A Backbend
* Headstand In Hell Pose
* Fight Or Flight Pose
* Caught In A Web Pose
* Severed Limbs Pose
* Space Travel Pose
* Infinity And Beyond Pose
* Unicorn Pose
* Sun Worship Pose
* One Hand Pose
* Energy Circulation Pose
* Mosquito Pose
* Standing Hands To The Floor With Arms Crossed
* X Handstand
* Balancing Diamond Pose
* Castle Drawbridge Pose
* Once Continuous One Pose
* Court Jester Headstand

I almost don´t feel right saying that I ¨thought¨ of these poses, because there was absolutely no thinking involved.  They just showed up in my mind and since I performed them the best that I could.

I want to thank my friend and fellow 30BAD member Carine Martine for hooking me up with a place to stay and to film this video in Costa Rica. Thank you Carine! The inspiration for new yoga poses was no doubt highly influenced by being able to spend time in nature.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Beautiful work of art. I swear there was a fly buzzing around you during the corpse pose
    • That was one of those ¨Happy Accidents¨ that I´m grateful for :)  

• Very inspiring, Jared.  I have tried to do yoga on the beach, in the Virgin Islands, but I quickly get eaten up by mosquitoes and black flies.  What is your secret to beach yoga?

I highly recommend ashtanga yoga.  You can probably do the first 3 series.  The first series is very grounding.

• Honestly, I´ve done yoga at the beach here in Costa Rica and Nicaragua for that matter and now that I think about it I don´t remember there ever being any mosquitoes or flys there at all... Strange.  

Never tried ashtanga yoga before.  Maybe someday I´ll meet someone who can teach me.

• Really amazing...thanks for sharing.

My daughter caught a glimpse of it and it scared her!  I think you were doing headstand in hell pose.  Funny.

• That´s great!

• Hey Jared. My name is the same as your dude. Just want to let you know that your video is awesome.. looking forward to reading this thread of yours this weekend

thanks for posting the video dude much appreciated

by the way your trash video was epic dude. you seem like a cool dude to meet one day. europe is a long way from houston though. peace

• I would love to meet another Jared... LOL  I don´t know any...  Glad you liked my videos... I hope to share more in the future.

• Well, I have been a yogi and a vegan for at least 5 years now, but the thing is that I don´t really remember now which one I started first, yoga or veganism... It´s kind of like the chicken or the egg question.  They both go hand in hand in my experience, and if you become a yogi you are very likely to become interested in eating less animal foods and if you become a vegan you are likely to be far more open and interested in something like yoga. 

• I have been doing yoga since age 12. Many yogis are raw vegans. I see this on Twitter https://twitter.com/whizkid7 Most Buddhists are vegetarian and Buddhism is a type of yoga. Buddha lived in India and Buddhism took off in the countries around India. But it did not take off in India since it is a type of yoga.

The postures or poses is a type of yoga called hatha yoga. Mother Teresa was doing karma yoga (yoga of good deeds). Buddhism is mostly raja yoga (meditation). What about people that are devoted to someone like Jesus Christ? That is devotional yoga-- bhakti yoga. "In all branches of yoga, the ultimate goal is the attainment of an eternal state of perfect consciousness."

https://twitter.com/whizkid7
This reply was deleted.