I have been on and off 100% raw for many years, and one of my problems comes from getting bored of the food.  Then I don't get enough calories in and my health deteriorates because I'm pretty active.  I really admire those who can stick to it and do it right!  Cooked food has been a life saver, because it makes it a lot easier logistically to get the calories in, especially when I don't have time to do all the grocery shopping.  However, I'd probably prefer to be all raw - or at least more raw.

The way I can think of to consistently manage 3000 calories a day in winter is to have one meal of 11 bananas (1000 calories), 1 meal of 15 dates (1050), 1 meal of 10 oranges (500 calories), and a massive salad with maybe some apples and raisins.  I suppose there would be some flexibility in there, but I'd have to eat this every day.

What are your daily meal plans like for people who don't eat cooked?

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey I don`t know how you feel about frozen fruit but I make huge date and berry smoothies in the winter. You can vary the berries to keep it interesting, or date and clementine is amazing, date and apple, date and anything smoothie!!! Of course I do banana too but sometimes they don`t ripen as well for me in the winter so dates are my back up. If you buy juicing oranges, 2 litres gives you 1000 cals and tastes so great!! 

Mix it up, add greens to your smoothies for extra minerals, get creative. Although mono meals digest the easiest, I find mixing 2 things together keeps me motivated and less bored! :) and carbed up!!!!!

• Really good idea!  How do you transport them?  Smoothies are amazing!  I'm w you on the dates and berries!

• Mason jars :) I always bring them with me. The date and berry can actually last like 4 or 5 hours without even needing an icepack or anything!! 

I prefer i room temperature anyway. 

I usually put 16 medjool dates and a cup of whatever berries. Some water. If i know i only have a short break I put less water in so it takes less time to eat! :)

• Last year it did with dates.

I always walk out the door with 30-40 bananas of smoothie in my backpack year round. Thats 3.5 liters about. That's bfast and lunch. 

I can't afford to do dates this year because $6 a pound adds up quick when you have 2 pounds per day. Figuring out what I'm going to do this year........not sure yet.......I like to have 4-6000 calories of food per day......

• Dates are sooo sweet though.  Do you eat them by themselves?  Thanks for your input, I think I'll be able to have more raw days with you and others' wonderfully helpful input.

• How are things going with you?

I drink 1-1.5 L of water every morning before I eat anything to feel my best and on days when I eat dates I have to drink large amounts of water (always before eating them). Dates were my crutch to help me get off cooked food. I am tempted to order from 7hotdates or meccadates right now, but I eat HUGE so its hard to justify spending $400 a month on dates when they're just dinner/snack. 

I prefer watermelon and other watery fruit to dates now anyways. Just figuring out the logistics right now though, because even when I buy 10 watermelons at a time, that only lasts me 4 or 5 days tops. Now watermelons are out of season so the price went up and the size and quality down. I am always looking for small improvements, in the next couple years I want to compete in triathlons, everything I do I am asking myself how it will effect me long term, other people seem more laid back than me, maybe because a lot of people on this site are still in their 20's.

• Also, what container do you transport smoothies in?

• 1.5 and 1 liter clear bpa free nalgene bottles.

how far is the store to you? i transport all my food on bike...make a point to always be close to a store, i'm there daily.

• I'm working 12-14 hour days throughout the week so it's just not possible (stores open and close while I'm working).  My situation should improve in Dec.  Do you have a cart on the back of your bike?

• I'm doing well ever since I realized I was unintentionally undereating/overtraining.  Getting 3000+/day!  I am in night classes and swamped with life so eating more cooked than I want, some days not making it till 12 before cooked.  I am a stress eater, what can I say :/  I'd like to do more raw days ideally.  It's just hard/impossible with the amount of hours I'm working, not having a car, etc.  I would like to make Dec a month w more raw.  I seem to require more calories than I'd ever have thought (3000 min), so it make it an interesting challenge.

This reply was deleted.