Replies

• I say 'lets go find some ants, I want to you make gorilla noises whilst you pick at your ass and eat ants. Im gonna film it and put it on youtube and it will go viral. I will call it 'meat eater proves to vegan that we are meant to eat animals..'.

Gorillas dont use computers, they are not human. 

• Then eat ants! Big difference between eating a cow and an ant, or any large animal and any small bug/insect/creature. If they want to eat ants, then they can go ahead and eat ants, but that stuff doesn't appeal to me. You know what appeals to me? Fruits, and sometimes vegetables, but mostly fruit, hence why I eat mostly fruit. 

Also, what phoenix said, but most people don't listen to that kind of smart-talk, so I would intro with the first thing then try to quickly mention that the primates we are more closely related to eat more fruit, but the fact is that we are not quite primates and better suited for a high fruit diet. I think there are many indications humans are meant to eat mostly fruit, and I think it may also have to do with us being a bit more advanced and requiring a higher vibrational sustenance. I think we'd be much better at fruit collecting than most primates, hence we'd eat more fruit than them.

Doug made a really good point about how perfect our hands are for picking fruit, some other things to note are that we are taller and could reach higher, we're probably better climbers, and also better suited for longer travel to more fruit trees! Ever since I was a kid I always had an instinct for fruit, and as I ate healthier, I just wanted more, and more, and more. The raw vegan diet made sense to me, and I thought "That diet would be soooo easy if you could just eat a crapload of fruit, I couldn't do it if I had to eat all this weird crap I've never heard of or a bunch of vegetables" and I'm sooo glad that we are meant to eat lots and lots of fruit. It makes sense though, the food that appeals the most, is the most healthy for us, thank you nature!

• Gorillas also eat massive amounts of leaves. The fact that our closest primate relatives such as bonobos, chimps, and orangutans chomp mainly fruit is a big clue that we might be frugivorous too. Each of these species have different anatomies and eating patterns though, as do humans. Ultimately we can only really model our natural diet after our own human physiology.

To me the thought of eating insects is absolutely revolting ... yuck! Perhaps this could be different depending on conditioning, but who among us doesn't have a sweet tooth for fruit? In a survival situation, hunger might inspire us to prey on insects and larger animals, learn to cook tubers, and so on. Curiosity could do that too. Now we've mastered gardening and could potentially keep every human well fed on fruits and tender vegetables. These are the most natural and intuitive foods for us to eat, and provide the best vitality. Nature is a good general guidance system and helped lead me to 80/10/10, yet life in nature isn't necessarily ideal. In the end I just want to have the tastiest, healthiest, and most compassionate life possible. I feel fortunate that my survival is mostly taken care of in this technological human habitat, allowing me to focus on truly thriving and shining. In my judgment that includes eating raw plants, not ants -- they are too cute!

I've never even met a wild gorilla, so I don't know if they actually enjoy ingesting little critters (the way we may be designed for occasional nuts and seeds). Are they just hungry and doing it to survive? Those chimps are definitely stronger and more fit to hunt than we are. I wish I knew more about all these beautiful primates.

• do you want to eat ants?

• I say, go right ahead, eat all the ants you want.
  • Why is one necessary? If you want to give them one here are a few.

Don't forget insects were a big part of the human diet. It wasn't just Samoan and Pumba eating grubs. We chowed down on whatever we could find long ago.

Gorillas especially mountain gorillas have a hard finding food the reason the mountain gorillas eat mostly greens.

Its not cause they favor greens its because their isn't a lot of fruit growing in the mountains. Ants like all insects are high in protein, are they after protein? No they could care less they just want calories.

Humans are the only upright walking primates which makes it very easy hence efficient for us to walk around foraging for food. You try being a 400 pound gorilla walk on all fours looking for something to eat. I'm pretty sure after passing that ant hole enough  time your going to say why not?

This reply was deleted.