If you got people around you that insist that grains are good for you, check this out:  

"Detractors claim that the movement is just a fad, or worse, that those who have embarked upon it without an official diagnosis are a bit crazy. After all, simply "feeling better" following gluten elimination is not considered to be proof of anything within the conventional medical system.  Biopsies, antibody, and genetic tests later, if nothing is found, and you still think gluten – this 'sacred,' omnipresent grain – is a problem, you might just get referred to a psychiatrist.

But anecdotes and "subjective experience" aside, the type of clinical research that constitutes "Truth," with a capital T, from the perspective of the dominant medical establishment, can be found on the National Library of Medicine's biomedical database known as MEDLINE. This vast bibliographic archive contains over 21 million citation entries, which as of time of this writing, contains 9,776 references to gluten. "

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/200-clinically-confirmed-reasons-not-eat-wheat

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Greenmedmfino.com is greatly known for psuedoscience enthusiasts. Also there is no such thing as 'Gluten'.  I have been eating gluten, and grains for a very long time, dang. I wonder why I'm not sick yet, and yet I do check ups every month. All Good. 

And I don't eat organic either. 

However, GreenMedInfo – Competing with Natural News for #1 spot in the World’s Worst Anti-Science WebsitesHall of Shame .

Oh yeah, and don't forget 'sugar' is killing us: greenmedinfo.com/blog/sugar-killing-us-sweetly-0 - Duhhh... O.o. I'm out. Lol.

Here is my studies:

Is Gluten Sensitivity Actually Real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXON21V0v4o

What Gluten-Free Really Means?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrvyFDnpZI

• Yep this thread was created by me 2012 and since late 2013 I stopped spreading this anti-gluten propaganda. I must give everyone an apology for spreading misinformation. Why the !@#$ did I link to Ka Sundance and the other pseudoscientific sites?!?! haha 

For the ~95% of the population whole grains work really well. But notice the word whole. But for people that benefit by excluding wheat and other foods should do it, but do it smart by including other nutrient rich plant based foods.

• Yeah, I understand. I mainly focus on low income groups. Who are rich, they don't matter. ;). You should have posted here something that I should of known. Oh well, thanks for clearing things up. You're looking good without make up on. hehehehe.

• Anti-gluten propaganda simplified. :)

http://youtu.be/GPd4JdYyGiI

• Hahahahahaha.... That guy is clueless what is gluten, most people don't even know what it actually is. So pathetic. 

• I totally agree with this. The only problem is that meat and animal products are even worse than wheat so transitioning from SAD to more grains is a baby step in the right direction. For real health advances then grains must go.
    • Well said. People eating animal products and stop eating grains find their health improve a little, but noticeable. At the same time it's important to remind them of how much further their health can improve if they remove the animal products. 

• I followed the link by the OP (greenmed.info) and found this:

"Consider that we have only been consuming the seeds of cereal grasses, i.e. grains, en masse for 10-20,000 years, which while ancient in cultural time, is but a nanosecond in biological time!)"

just more peturbed paleo scum, move on people

• @Daniel,

Some food for your thoughts here.  

What we see in the medical and nutrition community is only two points of view.  

The Atkins/Paleo crowd says avoid grains and starchy food and eat meat while ignoring the health consequences of a low carb low nutrient high protein diet.  

Then we have those that say eat wheat no meat while ignoring the health problems caused by wheat, grains, and gluten, and or other starchy foods.  

Both diets can contribute to health problems both because they are high in anti nutrients and or what they lack in nutrients such as symptoms of scurvy because of lack of vitamin C. 

Very few modern medical professionals promote a third point of view and that is eating fruit, lettuce greens, and or a few nuts and seeds.  

Peace, PK

• Wheat is fine for you, yall sound like low-carbers.

While mankind was still walking around in animal pelts; those darn wheat eating Egyptians paved an area of 6 football fields, piled up 2 million blocks of stone to the height of a 42 story building, drove a narrow 300 foot long passage straight through the rock, fitted the inner chamber stones with complete precision, made it all earthquake proof, aligned it precisely with magnetic north, and got the whole job done in less than 20 years using only a stick ruler.

This reply was deleted.