My girlfriend is writing a paper about the benefits of eating a low fat plant based lifestyle, and how it is superior to other ways of eating. How we're designed for it, the science behind it, or really anything promoting it. It'd be best for them to be the most compelling as possible. She can use 3 articles. What are the most compelling articles you know of and can show? It would be best if they were academic, with citations, and not just some blog. Thanks!

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is the real nitty gritty on diet, nutrition, protein theory and a whole lot more. It covers what we are designed to eat, what our true destiny is in life and how to attain it. The author, a true genius, has recently passed away from causes unknown and I have moved his site to my site so that it won't get lost. I am going through it inserting comments related to new found knowledge and occasionally where I think his conclusions are not quite right, mostly these are excerpts from the works of Hilton Hotema who was a bit of a dreamer, my comments are in a different font, illustrated on the 'home' page and ends -MB.  So when you have several hours to spare go here http://bulletmaker.com/ben-adamah/benhomDiet.html#a3 Within the site, of interest to your girlfriend, it describes how menstruation is a diet induced disease- and curable. I don't know how this guy fitted so much research into one lifetime. Initially there was much of it I thought couldn't possibly be true but as time went by the exact circumstances presented themselves - and he WAS right. 

http://www.bulletmaker.com/ My site has numerous sections on this subject including 'The future is in our hands', 'How to select good fruit', 'Mankinds early Diet' and a section on how fruit should be grown considering that soil degradation is rife throughout the world.

Good luck

• Arnold Ehret wrote the mucusless diet book. Now when it comes to science, Ben Franklin made the greatest discovery in the history of mankind by flying a kite with a wire attached to a key. Ehret tested different diets by cutting himself.

On the worst diet, it would hurt a lot and healing of it would take a long time. On the best diet, it would not hurt and the healing would be very quick. The best diet was fruits, greens and non-starch vegetables.

• Here's one:

Jennings J, Cheng M. Does Eating a Raw Food Diet Cause Spleen Qi Deficiency?. Journal of Chinese Medicine • Number 97 • October 2011 pp. 50-55. 

Although it's probably not the sort of thing you are looking for, there are references in it that might help. There is a reference to the Gerson therapy. 

My initial thought would be that it is going to be hard to find 3 articles that are going to give you enough quality information. You will probably need more like 10-15+ articles.

Or maybe you could use the China Study? 

• The whole paper is going to use around 15 or so, but only 3 can come from an outside source while the remaining need to come from the school library, that'y why I only said 3 :/ if only all of them could be online. And as informational an article like that is, I think things an article about, say, raw vegans with high rates of cancer reversal is much more compelling for someone who has never heard of a raw vegan diet

• Dr Doug Graham mentions paper from sports scientists showing that when calories from fat exceed 10%, oxygen uptake, transport, and delivery go down. ...That probably wouldn't be too hard to find... 

This reply was deleted.