All Discussions (16)

Sort by

Summer fruitluck?

Hi everyone! I am interested in creating a fruitlick of sorts for people in the DC metro area. I currently live in Potomac, MD and am looking to find other awesome vegans in the area to socialize with! Comment below if this sounds of interest to you

Read more…
4 Replies

FRUITLUCK JANUARY 17TH 2PM!!!!!

Hey everybody!! Happy New Year to you all! Just wanted to remind everyone about the fruit luck that's happening this coming Saturday in College Park (right by CP metro and University of Maryland). It's about time us DMV vegans get together and eat so

Read more…
3 Replies

Bike BWI

Anyone up for a bike around BWI in MD one Saturday? If you haven't ridden there yet, they have excellent trails. It's just under 11 miles for the loop, has a few hills, and passes by some horse farms! I'm up for a few laps and/or add the B&A trail.

He

Read more…
6 Replies

Woodstock Fruit Festival

Hello all. I was at the Woodstock Fruit Festival last year and would like a ride from Fairfax, VA. I cannot drive due to an accident, not long ago. Anyone planning on driving from the d.c./metro area to the WFF who can give me a ride? I am open to pa

Read more…
1 Reply

Best Places to Find Bulk Org Produce?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could share with me your favorite place to buy boxes of bulk organic fruit, such as mangoes, watermelon, pineapple, oranges, and apples? 

Berries, too, if possible.

Thank you in advance!:)

Morgan

(btw - I'm in Manas

Read more…
6 Replies

Eating out in DC area

I know 811LFRV isn't about eating out all the time, but wondered if people have any favorites i DC/NOVA (I'm in Arlington). 

Guessing you could get a decent smoothie or undressed salad at Java Green or Everlasting Life. I'd tried Robek's, but even aft

Read more…
1 Reply

Transitioning

after attempting to be raw for 3 months i accomplised 34 days of 100% High carb raw vegan, then boomeranged down a 3 month binge.

So what should be my next step, i felt 100% content when raw, but could not help my self once that single roasted veggie

Read more…
4 Replies

Transitioning

after attempting to be raw for 3 months i accomplised 34 days of 100% High carb raw vegan, then boomeranged down a 3 month binge.

So what should be my next step, i felt 100% content when raw, but could not help my self once that single roasted veggie

Read more…
3 Replies

811 Rockclimbers?

Anyone go climbing at Earth Treks in Columbia? My climbing buddy is unable to climb right now and I thought ...how cool would it be to find a climbing buddy off 30BAD? 

If anyone else climbs but is in a different area, feel free to post on here and ma

Read more…
1 Reply