B12

Hey all

Yesterday I was really struggling with my mental health more so than ever. I did not think anything could help even though I had dealt with depression before and found ways around it when I thought I couldn't. Towards the end of the day I got a little bit of sun and took a B12 supplement. I have to say the end of the day was almost completely different to the rest of it. So it could have been the B12. I don't know. But I think I may have learnt the importance of it and would highly recommend people to look into it in detail if they are suffering depression on or off a fruitarian diet. Some tests are not highly accurate so make sure you're getting good ones. And also some supplements are a lot worse or better than others. I took a sublingual form of methylcobalamin yesterday. If anyone wants me to elaborate on anything further, as this a simplified version of what I could say, I would be happy to.

I'm not positive why we get B12 deffiencies. Mostly absorbtion issues I believe. Other possible reasons could be bad fruit quality, our bodies having to use a lot of B12 dealing with toxins on conventional produce and/or overworking yourself and lack of sleep.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  I have had a couple of weeks of not feeling so capable as I know I can feel, this has also coincided with symptoms I understand to be related to a B12 deficiency. 

Next week I am going to a clinic to that I can get the injection of methylcobalamin B12. I will journal it all and let you know the results. 

• freelee gets a b12 shot.

• Have definitely notice that B12 makes a huge difference!  I try to take it at least once a week.

• www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=solgar+meth.... Bought it locally.

Yeah more sun would be good. I don't know if it was the B12 but I still recommend people look into it.

This reply was deleted.