89/10/10 from the standpoint of a Creationist

When I first got into 801010 years ago I bought into evolution and so used that in my mind as a valid argument for the diet. Now I think evolution is a pile of complete bologna and believe in Creationism, but that hasn't shaken my faith. I mean, come on, just because monkeys like bananas does not exactly lend credibility to why humans do, too. Monkeys also like getting drunk, lol. And the whole point of the "Missing Link" thing is that yes, it is missing now, was missing then, and will always be missing, since it doesn't exist, IMO. There's plenty of evidence man and dinosaur walked together and all carbon dating is at best educated guessing and at worst grossly inaccurate misinformation.

Actually I was reflecting over something my favorite bible teacher said on his radio program The Narrow Path with Steve Gregg, that in the beginning humans were essentially fruitarians, but then God gave them animals to eat. If we look at the Old Testament from a historical perspective(and I do believe it to be an highly accurate historical document) the period of time where they were essentially fruit eaters was also when humans were reportedly the most longest lived ever.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love that you posted this!! I struggled with the idea of 801010 at first due to the fact that the Bible says that God gave us animals to eat. I struggled as I thought that if God had given us animals to eat, then being vegan couldn't possibly be the perfect, optimum diet for a humans as the 801010 movement suggests.

It is a really interesting point of view that the people in the book of genesis may have had longer lives due to fruitarianism. I have always had a creationist standpoint as I believe that if we believe in an all powerful God then why would we not believe he could make the world in 6 days!? However, we do have to remember that being creationist does not make us 'better' christians; and nor does our diet!! Christ went to the cross because there is nothing we can do to come even close to salvation by ourselves. If we have given our lives to Christ then we are clothed in him and him alone. 

Romans 14:2-3
    "2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them."

I do not think this verse is saying that vegans have weak faith. I think it is saying that if anyone thinks that their diet affects our standing with God, then that shows weak faith as it shows that we do not believe Christ when he said "It is finished." It shows that we are still relying on our own actions rather than fully trusting in what God has done for us. 

• That's a great way to look at it!! That verse did kind of make me wonder why my diet would indicate weak faith... It makes more sense now. Although, I feel that my understanding of the Bible has greatly increased since becoming vegan simply because I've had so much more mental clarity and energy. I actually care to study the Bible deeper than before.
    • glad that helped, Sarah :)  

Jesus teaches that dietary choices do not have a moral effect on our soul:

Matthew 15:10-11
      "Then Jesus called the crowd to him and said to them, “Listen and understand! 11 It is not what goes into your mouth that makes you ritually unclean; rather, what comes out of it makes you unclean.”

Therefore Romans 14:2 cannot be saying that vegetable eaters have a weak faith because they eat vegetables as that would contradict this passage in Matthew.

I think Romans 14:2 probably has a connection to Daniel 1:8-12 when Daniel eats only vegetables and water so as not to defile himself. Romans 14 suggests that perhaps there were people trying so hard to live by law (instead of by faith) that they had maybe applied Daniel's action of eating vegetables to themselves without applying the far more important matter of Daniel's faith in God! 

...It's very encouraging to hear that going vegan has given you the mental clarity to look to God more. I am still transitioning and have had a couple of meat slip ups. Maybe your increased understanding of the Bible will give me that extra bit of motivation I need! :)

• Thanks so much, again!  I guess that's one purpose for this group, right?  To encourage each-other in our own faith as we live a lifestyle that parallels it so well =) 

• Very interesting.  Thanks for posting!  So... is carbon dating fairly inaccurate?  I've always wondered about that.

• Yeah I think the age limit decrease was a curse from God after the flood so that man would not become so wicked again, for e.g a man like bill clinton now at 60 imagine how wicked he would be at 600.

Fruit and veges are obviously the best foods for humans but I think it also comes down to calories & quality. In our society today fruit is expensive (especially organic) hard to get good quality, and hard to get enough of it even if you can afford it. I'm sure that Adam had none of those problems. 

Also I think its important to note that God condoned animal sacrifice because of sin i.e the mosaic law and this shows the justice of God that something has to pay for sin & the wages of sin is death. So many people in our society today white-wash sin in general but if you had to slaughter an animal to make a recompense for your sins, it would make you think twice about doing it again.

• This has also been a huge part of me understanding and wanting to follow 801010. I've read Genesis, many times over, but apparently glazed over the fact that we were not made to be meat eaters! Once I actually looked at it and studied it, it was honestly a relief. I've been a very unhealthy vegetarian for nearly half of my life, giving up meat because it simply grossed me out. I could never wrap my mind around people actually enjoying eating meat, and so when I came to understand how God actually designed us, I was able to come full circle and ditch the eggs and dairy as well. Now, when I think about eating them, as I did just a month ago, it repulses me just as the meat does. Thankfully, I've been researching 801010 right off the bat, avoiding any phase of being a junk-food vegan. 
    I have such a greater appreciation for the body I've been given, and I fully intend to treat my body as a temple by nourishing it in the best way possible.

• Quick comment: I agree that using animals to "prove" what we are designed to eat...is erroneous. We can't pick and choose animal behaviors, then say...

"Look at how our teeth are like the teeth of horses and cows, so we must eat the same thing as them!"

We are not animals...animals also sniff each other's behind, eat their young, rape each other, and lick puke off the floor.....

There are many good arguments in favor of the 80/10/10 diet, but comparing human beings to animals is a COMPLETE FAIL.

• I think that 80/10/10 from a Creationist point of view makes the most sense. God gave Adam and Eve the Garden of Eden. I believe that in the beginning God planned for us to eat fruits & veggies & and other plant foods, and that He never intended or made our bodies to eat meat, but cuz of sin in the world men killed and ate animals and after the flood there was really nothing else to eat other than animals so God allowed it, even though it was not His original plan. God wants us to be healthy and good stewards of our bodies. I agree with your thoughts on the age and vitality man had back then, though it was not only the lack of fruit that slowed down the life span but God actually made their lives shorter, I believe. 

• I think you're right. Being a Creationist IS the #1 top best reason to be 801010. For me it comes down to health and fitness failing, caring about looks failing, being a New Ager failing, the philosophical and evolutionary method failing, and only Christ pulling through. Knowing the reasons 801010 and being Christian go hand in hand is very inspiring. Thanks.

This reply was deleted.