4 months LFHC and im breaking out and feeling fat

Ive been follo wing the raw food lifestyle for four months now and im breaking out. I always had issues with my skin but i just feel like lately its a constant battle. Also i have not lost any weight. I excersice anymore and yes im sure it will help but everybody else seems to be dropping weight without excersice on this lifestyle... why not me? Too many dates ? Too many bananas? or am i just finding excuses for being unactive?? 

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi SassyCat I'm new to this lifestyle and have been putting on the lbs. How long did it take you to get to your goal weight. I'm frustrated with putting on the lbs. working out daily and not seeing results.

• I had terrible skin at 4 months too. Tannyraw on youtube had a great analogy about detox and healing. She said, ya know how when you clean the algae off the fish bowl, how it swirls around in the water and makes everything look worse? Your body is doing the same thing. It is being cleaned from the inside out and it takes time for those toxins to exit your body. And since your skin is your largest elimination organ, it is often the first place we notice detox. 4 months is like exactly when I had my worst breakouts. I am doing much better now.

Do yourself a favor and keep going--keep going. Do not stop.

I have been doing this 6 months and I eat 3000 calories a day--no longer gaining weight! I am maintaining. See if you can get to a place where your body is maintaining a steady weight, and then eat more. That's my plan and I am so excited to see how it goes!

Whatever you do--don't stop!

If you don't want to exercise then don't. I didn't want to exercise the first five months I was on the lifestyle. And even now, I don't exercise often. My longterm goal is to exercise more. But if you feel like resting, rest.

Be kind to yourself <3

• hallelujah! I'm at 4 month and my skin is really bad! I've ALWAYS had porcelain like skin so this is very weird for me. so nice to know I'm not alone. (my whole family thinks my diet is so messed up! "its all that sugar" "too many dates- thats why you've gained so much wait- i read no more than one date a day") so funny but it also wears you down! x

• I totally hear you on the dates!!! I even started a discussion about them. :) i too think exercise is a bigger thing and people just aren't talking about it. I exercise alot and if I didn't i know I would gain. I haven't been doing it long enough to know if I am losing yet but i ride an elliptical for 65 minutes every day, i lift weights for 45 minutes 3 times a week and I ride a bicycle for 10+ miles when ever the sun comes out which lately is only once or twice a week. I am much older then you (almost 52) so I'm sure my metabolism is slower but without exercise I can't get away with eating very many calories. As much as I love to exercise I REALLY envy anyone who can get away with eating alot and not gain.
  • Also, exercise is a huge component of the lifestyle. I think that is one aspect that is not talked about enough. Moderate and consistent seems is the key.
    • Thanks so much for your reply! I knew I had to get my butt moving!lol
  • le who eat a lot of dates have problems losing weight and with various skin consist ions.
  • I don't know what it is about dates, but it seems like peo
This reply was deleted.