7 day trek

Hi folks, I'm looking for suggestions for my first long hike since going 811. It'll be 7 days into the back country with no access to anything (just the way I like it). Have you ever done this/ have you got any suggestions for me? Also relevant is that I live in Newfoundland, a Canadian island in the North Atlantic so produce is at times sketchy and often limited. And everything's gotta come in on my back in addition to my tent, pad, sleeping bag etc. Thanks!

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "My GF liked the spinach powder though, so it may be a personal preference."

until it got warm, then it reminded me of baby food *barf* but it wasn't that bad before. Might have been better to use 15 lbs of baby spinach instead of the bulk stuff might taste better but not cost efficient i don't think.

the dehydrated tomoatos were spot though, must haves!

• Thanks you two for the trip/food update :)

• This reply was deleted.
    • I'm planning on doing the PCT next year.  I better get that book!!!!!

• I'll have to check it out, thanks!

• some will definitely keep for a week, apples, oranges, dates, grapefruit. I'm just gonna see how heavy my pack is and then add as much fresh stuff as I can I guess

• Hmmmm, though very tempting I live in Newfoundland which is like a gazillion miles away, okay it's only 4000miles away which is still a bit of a hike

• SWEET! thanks so much! I've got some time so I'll do some experimenting in the meantime but do let me know how your trip goes. Have a great trip! I've only seen the canyon from above but I'd love to hike it sometime.

This reply was deleted.