EXERCISE!

So. Good morning. It's currently 8:45am in good old cold England, I'm in a rut. I don't know whether to do a nice simple long jog today or do a HIIT one.I feel like my body prefers doing HIIT in the afternoon now but doing two runs in one day...surely that does the opposite of wanting to lose weight? (I know the body is weird like that..I think.)I'm doing some errands today as well so I'm using the bike aka more exercise/cardio.WHAT SHALL I DOit doesn't help that I'm SO hungry right now. so if I was to do the jog then hop on to the bike after, it means longer to get home aka I will be starving when I get in.idk. what's better for weight loss. two runs in one day? or shall I just do the HIIT then bike or the endurance and bike?HELP ME. I want to go soon! hahah.Thanks xx

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Aw haha :') I'm flattered. 
    Thing is, i've lost 20 lbs already but i just want to slim down everywhere all evenly. I know what i see and know that i could lose more weight. 
    I do weight lifting everyday and my cardio goes from 1-3 days in the week, depends how free i am with university and stuff but yeah :)

• Lose fat/Lose weight, thats what i meant. I weight lift everyday so hopefully this will speed up fat loss and give me a magggggggical body. lol

• Hello Sasha,

What I like to do on a run is take a handful of dates with me so I can snack on them while I workout lol (this will also mitigate your hunger when you get back from your workout. But, when it comes to weight loss as long as your fat intake is kept very low, you should see progress no matter what kind of activity you do, so just do whatever activity you enjoy the most. Personally I really dislike running, so I either hop on the bicycle or call up a friend to play some tennis. 

Take care,

Aaron

• I wouldn't have time to be snacking on dates whilst running or doing exercise haha but yeah i do keep my fat content low, i dont eat any nuts, avocados, basic high fat foods :)

• have a small snack then do whatever exercise makes you happy and dont over think it. If your in a rut and its not your day then its just not your day and if you squeek out a run or what not even better. Not every run has to be faster or better then the last etc.. its not a race. 

I have to pull myself back all the time or else i'll just add more and more miles and where do i draw the line? So sometimes I just go run with little expectations I tell myself I'll just go easy and be done in the end I might end up setting some new PR or something ands ometimes I dont and the next day I just go out that much stronger.

• I prefer working out on an empty stomach as i'm never overly hungry when i first wake up, unless i wake up starving which has happened on a few occasions but then i just go full front into exercise so the hunger goes.  I know but i wouldn't want to do a wasteful run where i'd not benefit fat loss, you know? Idk about you but i only do exercise for weight loss, i hate the damn thing! but i'd still continue it i think anyway as i know its good for your body. 
      See, i hate running slow/long. I want it to be i run the run and run home quick and get a good workout. I'm not one of those people who can run 15 miles for like 4 hours in one day..its very rare that i do long distance and only when i do, is when im really feeling a long run or if its a nice day. Theres nothing worse than running 5 miles in the cold for me. 

• yeah we are polar opposites then. I love running but i know for me on long runs i simply just get bored after a while. 

I knwo i can run on an empty stomach and generally the hunger subsides but not always. It is a tough call on that one to eat or not to eat. I typically eat breakfast and a few hours later I run it just works well for me to do it that way then after i eat lunch.

• Aye haha. I dont mind running in the summer, i sweat more and i feel satisfied. when its cold, im just cold. :')
          Yeah i think its just what your body can deal with :)

• Why dont you eat before excersise? I have a rule for myself: if I excersise after 10 pm I will eat. Or else slowing my metabolism. Just take one or two bananas not to much ( if you excersise intense not a good plan to eat 10 bananas ! Haha ) people like to think that if you excersise before mealtime that you will lose fat. Thats not entirely true. Your body needs recovery etc so eventually burn fat. My own experience. I have more energy when I eat 1 banana before excersise. If I train insane and dont eat after 10pm I will be tired the whole day doesnt matter how much I eat.
    • I normally dont like too. Physiologically, i just think i'd only burn off what i ate and not the fat i need to burn off. Normally, i do exercise in the early morning (8am) and i'm not that hungry when i first wake up. Plus, i prefer working out on an empty stomach. However today i woke up later and stayed in bed for longer which made my hunger pains, grow.

This reply was deleted.