Replies

• Plenty in all kinds of berries and melons :)
  • wow this discussion has helped me tremendously...I still do not have my books and had no idea how to proceed..I am excited about the thought of healing my whole digestive track...this discussion has given me a guide and some experiences from others which really helps..I want to go 80 10 10....now....I have not had any thing cooked..I think all the cleansing (diarrhea) and stomach pain I have had these last 3 days is just cleaning out my intestines...its a good thing...my headache has subsided...I used ginger in warm water for nausea is that herb harsh on the system...like onions and garlic ect...what do you think about the fermented veggies...done naturally without salt...there supposed to be high in the probiotics.. Thanks for all your help...apologize for freeking out...I have just felt so bad for so long and have gone down so many dead end roads including the raw food with high fat...I am just exhausted and not feeling well...but I feel confident in the 80 10 10 ..it makes more sense than any thing I have ever done food wise...Thanks again...I cant wait to feel the energy...
  • Omega 3's are commonly said to be essential in our diet. What is an 811 view on this?
  • hi Moth, thank you for the lengthy response, wow. There is quite a lot happening when someone begins 80-10-10, this is very interesting stuff to become aware off. I will look into recipes other than salad. The only e-books I have so far are mostly high fat recipes, with only a couple of salad recipes.

You are right that we learn to eat for real fuel. I have been eating vegetarian on and off for over 17 years now. The challenge was often the afternoon and evening and perhaps I also under ate when it comes down to calories... Anyway goodbye to that, fitday.com gave me huge insight into the amount of calories I really need to eat and that is much more than I thought. Awareness all over the place.

I tried to download the e-recipe book but it is under repair or something, will check on that again though. thanks again, talk to you later
  • I must say after a month on 811 that Rawgreengoddess is absolutely correct. My problem was undereating, especially considering that my work is fairly physical. It's hard to get your mind as well as your stomach used to the idea of eating so much volume.
    Logging my food intake at nutridiary.com has been a big help.
    And I believe you, AJ, about the 90+ days needed to transition to low fat.
  • About the transition to raw food all the time.
    Since there is not one size fits all even when this way of eating is very natural to human beings. Here are my questions

- How do I know the difference between cravings and adjusting to low fat diet? A.J. even pointed out:
    It also takes time to adjust to a low fat diet (McDougal has said 90+ days)

- Today I ate around 1700 calories in fruit. Only dinner is left. I do not fancy to eat a salad tonight. (breakfast 7 bananas, 100 gr blueberries, 3 dates. Lunch 750 grams grapes, snack 3 pears.) So I will wait for another couple of hours and see what I feel like. However if I think of a hot soup with steamed vegetables I would love to have that in a couple of hours. Is that normal in transition?

- Is it better to go raw overnight and deal with all of this and do it on willpower and determination?

- Or is transitioning slowly the way to go?

In the past month I decided to eat raw for 30 days. I had slipups only in the evening and found that the diet became a kind of prison with me as both prisoner and warden. I will go full on for 100 procent raw and then one day I ate a slice of something "forbidden" in the evening and then I hit myself on the back because I had it. Where is the joy around food going when I eat and behave like that? Food was never such a big thing before. I ate and that was it. Now I am busy with my food more and more. Learning all the tips and tricks, buying, storing, all of that.
    Oh and yes I see now that I type this that I hold the belief that it is better to go raw overnight and it is also better to be raw 100%. How do you guys and girls deal with these questions for yourself?
    • Miriam,
      As someone else who is in transition, I agree that the evening meal is the most difficult. I would echo Moth's suggestion to try some recipes for dinner.
      Someone put up a recipe for lettuce wraps in the recipe part of this forum that was great.
      • oh yes I found those recipes, I wrote them down and will have a try at them.
        • Hi Miriam you can still download the ebook by scrolling onto & clicking the Recipe Ebook Option Under the Ebooks....I made this almost 1.5years ago, it is low fat raw vegan but there are some minor changes I need to make as my diet has evolved since then. Im sure you will find some yummy tummy pleasers in there :-)
  • Aj great info, how can we ignore facts like that amongst other convincing reasons??....I guess preference commonly leads to justification
This reply was deleted.