Had an ultrasound, was told i have heart murmur(leaky valve) on left side of heart. I have major fitness goals, i enjoy training and the cycling lifestyle. The doctor is on vacation right now so i don't have intricate details on the type of murmur, but i wanted to know what this means for my fitness goals. Anyone with some real fitness and athletic experience have anything to say? How much could this hold me back?

I don't get chest pains as far as i can tell, I don't think i ever feel desperately or dangerously short of breath during rides or on cardio machines, but i do notice that i can rarely keep up with riders that are in their 50s. I've been cycling for 9 months to one year, beforehand i had no fitness or athletic background, i came from a very sedentary lifestyle.   

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why did you get the ultrasound in the first place?

Stay hydrated (thinner blood), don't eat overt fats, get early nights and dont use any stimulants and you will be good to go mate.

• resting heart rate was 27-37 beats per minute, they urged me to go to ER, then ER detected the possible murmur and booked me app w/ the cardiologist. This whole time ive felt totally normal, I hate them all and think they scam the hell out of people. 

• Eat tomatoes and mixed nuts because they are good to the heart, look up fruits and vegetables that are good to the heart
This reply was deleted.