So I think I reversed my asthma

I'm 31 years old. Been biking all my life. Been rolling on the big wheel since I was 5. When I was 13 I got into BMX riding heavy, and played many sports through Jr. high/ high school. During this time I've had bad asthma and needed to report to the school nurse to take my inhalation pump mid day. It sucked. I carried it through high school and put it down to begin working out and change my life when I graduated. 

Fast forward a bit I picked up cycling in my early twenties. Maybe around 24 years old starting with track bikes. I would ride everywhere. I picked up road bikes when I was 27 years old and fell in love. I recently got blood work done and my doctor said I'm fine and that my oxygen levels are at 99% I wasn't sure what he meant but since I started cycling I haven't picked up an asthma pump. In fact I forgot to even mention that I had it at my visit. I'm wondering if I may have reversed my asthma due to my lifestyle of eating fruits and plants with included starches.

If anyone can shed some light here that would be helpful. I'm not sure if I should pay him another visit or not. I haven't had any issues with asthma for 12 years now and haven't used any medication at all. I believe this could have reversed due to my cycling and my running over the years. 

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I cured my asthma as well. Lots of people frow out of it after teenage years though
  • Nothing wrong with getting the occasional well baby check if you feel it's useful.    Yearly or biannual blood work is far more important to track your nutrient levels.  

But it sounds like you've done exactly what any true doctor would hope--you've radically changed both your life and your health, and no long need him!  You've become your own doc :)

This reply was deleted.