Teenager wanting to go 100% raw vegan...

Hello everyone!

I'm going into my senior year of high school this September. I've been vegan since fall of last year, and vegetarian for a few years before that. Since around April, I've upped my intake of whole fruits and vegetables. I feel amazing. I've become more fit and stronger, and overall I feel my health has greatly increased.

However, lately I've been getting sick every time I eat cooked food. I tried cutting gluten, which my dad is intolerant of. That helped, but I'm still getting nauseous after dinner. Evidently this is problematic, as I still live at home with my family. I've been eating 100% raw until dinner, which I eat high carb low fat vegan, but cooked. My family is very supportive of my decision to be vegan, and also they've also seen my health increase.

I feel my best on 100% raw. This summer is my opportunity to at least try going completely raw for a week. I'm hoping that after this my parents will let me go raw indefinitely.

Do you have any advice for how I could go about talking about going 100% raw? Like I said, my family is very open to this. My mom is vegetarian, but I'm the only hardcore vegan here. But I don't want to rush into anything with them.

I've already hinted that once I hit college, I'm going raw. But I hope that I can do this before then, otherwise it's going to be another year of nausea after cooked food.

Thanks in advance to any advice. I really need it.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A good read to start you out here > 

Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon!

Basically just replace your dinner with a high calorie raw meal.  The main thing to look out for is under ripe fruit.  In many places ripe fruit is hard to come by, even in the summer.  Therefore bananas and dates must be the staple diet just as oatmeal is the staple diet for three meals a day for millions of Africans, bananas and dates are the staple for raw eating when you are far from where your food is being grown.  Keeping your greens intake of lettuces and celery up is very important long term for mineral intake, two pounds a day is considered by most to be sufficient.  If you live where your fruit is grown and can pick it ripe off the tree or vine then you may not need greens at all.  Let us know how it's going. 

As for talking to your parents, I would just tell them you feel best after raw meals and want to try out a week of doing your dinners raw and see how you feel.  Then see how you feel and see if you would like to try another week.  

A college lad that eats 100% raw has some nice blog posts here your parents may like to see: http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/80-10-10-athlete-s-dail...

Eli checks back in here on 30BaD every now and then and he is still 100% raw.  You can probably contact him and get a response. 

• Which type of cooked foods are you eating and are you adding oil to them? 

Give an example of a meal that would make you feel this way. 

Are you drinking 800-1000ML of water before each of your meals? 

• There are a ton of raw vegan YouTube channels. My favorite is tannyraw, but there are so many these days that you can find one you like.

This reply was deleted.