White or Brown Rice?

What rice is best to buy? I eat rice on a near daily basis but I'm not sure which I should get: I've been told brown has a higher fat content although it has more nutrients and isn't refined, but I'm not sure whether that makes it the better choice? I've seen plenty of HCLF and RawTill4 vegans saying white is better? What are your opinions??

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try both and see which you like better. Or switch back and forth. Personally, I prefer white rice, specifically jasmine. I find it has the best texture. Any kind of rice is better than going for a steak though.

• White. You can eat more of it and it has significantly less arsenic. It also cooks quicker. I like to have rice and corn with some greens for dinner to fill in any gaps left out by just the rice.
  • Go brown. It has been parboiled before it had been milled. The boiling is what forces the nutrients in the husk (before they remove it) into the rice. And since it is expected to have color, it's not bleached either.

A better option that cooks just as fast. 

• ~1 gram fat per 3/4 cup cooked brown rice. Nothing to worry about.
  • Yes, brown rice has more fat than white rice but the amount in brown rice is still very low.

This reply was deleted.