WTF is 1000cals worth of rice?

Okay so if you want to eat arriund 1000 cals of rice do you1. mesuare 6-7 cups of cooked rice into your bowl like i used to do,or2. do you pour 300grams of dry rice into the pot cook and serve?Cuase i did 2 lastnight and i ended up with just under 3 cups of cooked rice, what the fuck is that shit? Cuase to me it sure as hellnisnt satisfying. Does durianrider really do this shit for dinner and think its allot of food? Is this actually 1000 calories?

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Eat as much rice as you can fit in your stomach.
  • Eat more mate. Sometimes I eat over 3000 cals or rice or fruit in a single meal.

You basically need to eat enough so you get get it done on the daily. Whatever goals you have, you eat enough so you have enough muscle glycogen to conquer them and chip away at them.

• When you look on the package of most types of rice at the nutritional information you will find that 100g of dried rice has roughly 360 calories. As such 300 grams of dried rice has just over 1,000 calories.

When I cook brown rice I cook up 500 grams of dried rice at a time - this results in about 1,200 grams of cooked brown rice, although this can vary a little.

• 270g of dry brown rice should equate to 1000kcal (-1kcal).

According to crono 4 cups of cooked rice should equate to around 1000kcal, but cooked weight is shady, it can vary widely, also cups aren't even a real measurement if you take measurement seriously.

Eat as much as you want as long as it's plant-based.

• Is your rice long grain, medium, what? The dry measurement will not be the same as cooked. I, too, take the actual measurement only when it's cooked. There's about 215 calories in 1 cup of cooked long grain brown rice, do the math for what you need from there. I always cook a surplus so there will be leftovers for the following day :-)
  • I have always just done 2 cups of dried rice and then cook that. Not sure how much that equates to in cooked rice, but based on the rice bag it should be around 1200 cals

This reply was deleted.