Struggling for muscle gains on 801010

Hi guys

Im Zeus from Canary Islands, Spain.

I've been living around Asia for the last 2 years (China, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and Singapore) as my job requires to move every 3 or 4 months.

I've been fruitarian -or raw 801010 (9055 on average) for a year.

Feeling great!

The best choice I've done in my short life so far! 

But now I get some doubts about gaining muscle. 

First I want to clarify my believe system. 

I believe REAL muscle its hard to build up, so muscle gains can't be achieved in a short period of time (like 3 months or so).

Those fast gains (mass) won't stay there too long if exercise its quitted for a couple of months because there is liquid retention and fat.

So I'm focused more in which gains will I get in the medium/long-term and that's why I don't care much about today's but still...  I care a bit  (:

My background, 

I've been practicing sports all my life, sometimes even playing more than 1 at a time, like I'm doing now. First issue that I'm concerned with.

After 2 years of bodybuilding I went up to 92kg/202pounds. I was 19 then. Now 26 and 75kg/165pounds

Last year (before becoming vegetarian and raw801010) I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia. Read a bit, became vegetarian and after 3 months the new blood test was better. 

Nowadays,  

I'm doing triathlon and weightlifting.

Cardio in the morning (swimming, running or cycling, from 1 to 2 hours),

and HIIT in the evening (two main muscle groups, alternating them everyday, from 20 to 45minutes). 

Due to my job, there are resting days. On average one day and two trainings lost. 

Im controlling the calorie intake by feelings but also using Cronometer (just in case). Somedays get around 2 or 3 hundred additional calories (just in case). 

I'm active and fast, but not stressed up.

I'm getting 2 huge salads per day, depending on the country the vegetables vary. Love them! 

So,

What I definitely got with this lifestyle its fitness -meaning clean visibility of muscles fibres, elasticity and resistance. But about 3 months ago I started to lift pretty heavy weights in order to build up a bit of muscle but in the mirror I look the same! 

Yes, I forgot measuring back then! 

What do you think...

Its the recovery time too short? 

The protein intake too low?

The HIIT doesn't work?

I will appreciate if you guys share any kind of experience, knowledge or criticisms. 

Have a great day, and enjoy your fruits

That's a picture of my actual shape. 

8191777694?profile=original

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I think you look great! Amazing plant-based physique. Be careful not to "try" too much, you are doing enough & the results you desire will come:)

Good luck!
    • Hi Claudia, 

"Time will bring the desires", agreed totally. 

Thanks for the compliments! 

• Ditto Claudia that what you've already achieved is superb.  

Enough to make most dudes green, and most ladies swoon.

Personally, I too think practicing a broad range of fitness modalities is best to be able to handle the variety of challenges that life can throw at us.  

That likely means not reaching full potential at anything, but ideally being balanced across the board with endurance, flexibility, strength, power, agility, etc.

That said, if your heart is set on packing on more meat, then that's what you should focus most strongly on, drastically cutting down on the cardio work, and anything where you're not regularly and progressively stressing and forcing your muscles to grow.  

But I still think you're on the right track as is :)

• Yes! Agree with you.

I feel awesome! being fit. Being able to practise a variety of different sports at a nice intensity and constancy makes me happy. 

In the other hand, Im looking to be proportionated as well, so I need to get a bit more of arms. But that's all! and lot! haha! 

I appreciate your comment! 

Cheers and enjoy your day! 

This reply was deleted.