All Discussions (31)

Sort by

Anyone from the Big Island??

Hey everyone

I'm taking a trip down to the big island in january to Wwoof for two weeks. I'll be on the kona side. Is there anyone down on the big island that can recommend the things I must see/do while I'm there?? I figured asking the local fruitbat

Read more…
2 Replies

Wwoofing in Hawaii

Hey guys :)

Has anyone made any experiences with wwoofing in Hawaii? I am currently looking for a (fruit) farm where I can work for 3 months from September 2015 until November 2015 (3 months). If anyone has got any contact details or anything like tha

Read more…
5 Replies

Big Island Fruitarian Farm

I just completed 2 months work exchange on coconut Chris's farm and just wanted to spread the word about this amazing place. When I first got there to be honest I really didn't care about gardening I just wanted good fruit and to connect with like mi

Read more…
9 Replies

Aloha Big Island People!

Aloha,

I made a group on facebook called Hawai'i (Big Island) Vegan.  Feel free to join it and we can start making connections.  Hopefully this group will serve to encourage more vegan options on the island, spread information, and connect those who w

Read more…
0 Replies

Radiation levels in Hawaii

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of moving to Hawaii soon and am reading conflicting information on the radiation from the Fukushima plant affecting the land and waters of hawaii.

I'm asking people who've done extensive research and/or are living there to le

Read more…
2 Replies