dutch 811 potluck?

Hello everyone!

I got so inspired by megan elizabeths videos about new ways to socialize that I think it would be nice to organize a 811 potluck. As I am currently living in a very small caravan I can't host it myself, so my question is, anyone out there who is also into this idea and wants to host? I registerd myself to meetup.com there's a vegan group aswell, so maybe we can get all the vegans together to enjoy some fruits&vegs

greetings

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• wish i could be there, but i moved to Sweden.. looking for some 80/10/10 friends overthere now ;)

• Just interested, but why would one move to an even colder country :D (I do know some benefits of Sweden). How are 811rv things going there?

• Where i live it may be colder in the winter, it does not feel that way. I was used to live in a small town at the coast.. we had a lot of wind and rain and the air is more humid than where we live now.. This winter we had sun almost every day, no rain but beautiful snow, no wind (so it did not feel cold) and the air is much dryer so cold doens't feel as cold als it does in Holland. We had -15 degrees but it felt like a beautiful winter day in Holland.. with sun(that's almost impossible in Holland)...

And another reason is my beautiful house!! check it out on www.dynamaaik.se it is my blog in Dutch, you can translate it with google option on the site..

and i don't forget the beautiful nature and space there is in Sweden.. where i lived (near DenHaag) it was CROWDED!!

Me and my fiance lived in a small appartment 50m2.. our new houses livingroom is 50m2 and that's only about 1 quarter of the house !!

do you need any more reasons?? i can give you a lot more!! :)

I just started 811.. in the winter it was difficult to start with it.. but now the spring is starting a little bit and that helps me.. and now i don't have any moving-stress annymore so i have enough time and am relaxed enough to focus on this..

Fruit and veggies are not as much as what is was used to (when i did my groceries in DenHaag at the Haagse markt.. the biggest market place of Europe...with a lot of different kind of veggies and fruits en really good deals.. a big box of mangoes for only 2euro!!).. and i don't even buy the mangoes they try to sell overhere (green and unripe).. but bananas and citrus and a lot of other fruits and veggies are available.. i had to get used to the swedish prices, but it's not much more expensive than the dutch supermarkets.. I trie to buy all my fruits and veggies when there is a sale.. i have to admit not everthing i buy is (what's it called?) biologisch.. but a lot of the fruit and veggies are because there is much more eco friendly stuff in de supermarkets than in Holland.

forgive me if my english is not so good.. i am learning a new language and speaking english and dutch at the same time... it's difficult..haha :D

Did you know there is a Rawfood festival in Sweden in summer?? It is 'near' my house (about 80km)!!!  :D I think Rawfood is about the same overhere as in Holland...but i don't live near the big city (stockholm or Gothenborg or Malmo) where all the rawfood is happening.. (the same as Amsterdam in Holland)...

i do miss the Noordermarkt :( Hope to find something like it..but i doubt it.. i think i  will come to Holland now and then and buy a lot of things.. My mom is coming to Sweden soon and hopefully bringing me Young Coconuts!!

And dit i mention that summers overhere are better than the Dutch?? It's warmer, but not as humid (klef) and the sun will be shining all day long untill 11PM(sunset).. it won't get dark at summer nights!! :D

• Yeah don't you hate it when the sun is just not strong enough to really warm you up, I hate that about dutch summers, I bet the sun is strong where you are now, good luck over there!

• I am used to the dutch summers and had some really nice and warm ones.. i usually sat in my garden for a as long as possible to get warm in the sun and that worked for me.. But in Sweden it's better..

this afternoon i was sitting in de sun outside on the porch and i got really warm.. red cheaks.. i could sit there in a summer dress without my shoes... i enjoyed it a lot!

and thank you :)

• het vinden van "organically grown products"  is soms een uitdaging... Naar het schijnt is wat men "organic/ bio" noemt vaak "hydrophoniic".Eigen moes

tuin producten blijven  het meest aanbeveelbaar/ ideaal (voor smaak, aroma/ rijp en versheid en vegan gekweekt... milieu en gezondheids lief ).Have a happy life in Sweden !!

• absolutely great idea, hope this gathering will "happen ing : ) " !! You can select a theme for your event and play some games to get better acquainted .Ask participants to "label" their creations and share the recipe/ mentioning the ingredients (avoiding misunderstandings/ disappointments)... You can organize a "caravan potluck" if everyone brings their contribution in a coolbox and if you have a big table to display all (think about some candles , so great if you are in some natural setting during the evening...). Success

• Thanks for the great ideas. I guess I could host it myself because I have a huge garden at the moment. But then may would be a bether time. And I have free parking aswell.hmm.

• Hi,

My wife and I would love to host a potluck in our house. We live in Amstelveen, connections with public transport are very good.  Maybe a Saturday afternoon in April would be a good day? Any suggestions?

We probably would have space for ten people or so, more when the weather is nice enough to sit outside in the garden...

Jelke and Preeti

• That's great! Saturdays could work for me maybe, but I do have to ask at my job, because I always work on saturdays, what about sundays?

This reply was deleted.