80/10/10 for Jen

Hey guys! My name is Jennifer and I wanted to say hello and introduce myself....I started my raw journey in 2006. I read about it and flipped into it overnight. For the first 4 months everything was wonderful, and I was eating loads of transitional foods and felt fine doing so. After awhile, I literally couldn't digest anymore nuts. That's when I realized, 'hey, I never really ate nuts before going raw, and I really didn't eat that much fat either...so why the hell am I eating so much now, this doesn't make sense!'Luckily at that time, I went to Sri Lanka with my boyfriend where I was happily greeted by organic papays, bananas, and pineapples falling off the trees. I made meals of sunlight and a little bit of fruit. I guess you could say that I barely ate, but ya know what? I felt AMAZING! The strongest, most vibrant, alive and joyful feelings of my entire life.When I returned home, I had to gain a bit of weight for my job as a model ( ironic, eh?) and I hadn't heard of 811 at this time, so I ate fat to gain the weight. I knew this was not right to do because I felt so good just eating fruit, but I ate the fat anyway so that I would fit the clothes and not be too healthy looking for fashion LOL jk...not really though, they don't like you to have a tan...they want us white and pale!Anyway, back to the story....well, after a month or so of this fat eating, I couldn't handle it and went back to low fat, but not totally 811 ( hadn't heard much, except that the guru guys say fruit is bad for you). I was eating more sprouts, seaweeds, kijm chi ,miso type stuff, and damn, after awhile on that stuff, my body said no way to that.and I didn't have energy at all . I could not digest those rubbery seaweeds. Just ask my boyfriend how nice it was to be near me after a meal! LOL. Not pretty.So, I thought , 'ok, can't do fat (david wolfe stuff), can't do sprouts/seaveg ( gabriel & clement), what's left?Oh yes FRUIT!!!!!!! And the rest is history! Eating this way speaks for itself.I am grateful because if durianrider wasn't so adamant about 811 principles on GITMR, then I may never have found something that works, so thanks DR! You really inspired me to become better than my best!!!

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love the natural transition you took. It's amazing what our bodies will tell us if we just listen. You didn't need all the gurus. Your body knew that it needed, wanted, and thrived on fruit. Amazing story!!!
  • Keep following your inner knowing girl! It works for you!
  • Hi Jen. I really enjoyed reading your story on how your biological intuition guided you to make this dietary choice. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

:)
  • Yeah, they really try to scare ya with all this hybrid fruit talk...but I'll tell you that I've picked wild bananas and they are just as sweet, if not sweeter than the ones people say are 150 zillion times sweeter
  • What a fantastic post Jen! Thankyou for sharing your journey with us, I love how u break the different raw styles down and then end up with fruit! Yay! Fruit gets such a bashing hey!? I used to think it was the devil with my candida woes, thankgoodness i worked that one out.
    Thanks again very inspiring , stunning modelling shots too
    Lovefreexo
This reply was deleted.