Why 100 squats?

What is the goal of doing 100 squats when doing 30 with heavy weights is more effective? Is this suppose to be an alternative form of cardio or somthing? Or is the goal losing weight in the legs/butt? 

I just want to understand the point of doing 100 squats versus 3 sets of 10 with heavy weights (which is what i normally do). 

I am interested in the reasoning behind this trend and would love to hear some insight.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Sky. I don't believe there's anything inherently more advantageous in doing 100 versus 3 sets of 10 with heavy weights. According to 100squatsaday.com, it's intended as "an ultra minimalist training approach that anyone can adopt". So I gather that 100 was chosen as a number of reps which almost anyone can do (or build up to) and be able to do so without the need for any equipment (weights, etc.). I think that for those that do have weights, it makes sense to do the squats in smaller sets, like you do. On the site, they list some of the other benefits beyond cardio and weight loss.

This reply was deleted.