I've been trying to be a hclfv for ages now but in the beginning I restricted my calories too much and now my family think I'm anoxeric, I have been off school for months because of it and now I'm proving to them that I can do this lifestyle properly by eating a lot more but now I've up my calories to around 2000-2500 a day, they still think my eating habit is obscure, of course they would, as they eat what is seen as so called "normal" diet in society! Durianrider and freelee are my inspirations, but I literally never have any energy and im stationary all day because my mum doesnt want me to do anything as she thinks im underweight so therefore I should have some energy, but the truth is my parents just want me to eat what I ate before but I don't want to! People claim to have so much energy on this lifestyle, but i dont,even when I eat more fruit! I drink plenty of fluid mostly in the morning and before my evening meal to aid my digestion and I get at least 9hours of sleep every night, at the moment I have been going to bed as early as 8 but then I wake up at 6 (so an early riser because I crave my breakfast so much)!...I also get headaches and joint aches which I keep thinking might be linked to a lack of something as well but I'm so confused because the joint aches could just be because of the lack of activity, my heads such a mess, I can't concerntrate and have been prescribed anti depressants because of it someone please help!! I am 15, 5ft4 and 43kg what are your opinions? Also I can't keep my hands out the fruit bowl I feel like I'm binging I just want some reassurance too.

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Millie you might want to read the free books on the Welcome Wagon posted under the Home tab. Ross Horne's 'Improving on Pritikin' would be a good start for you to understand that grains and rice many not be for you. 

I am 52 years old and have completely cured my debilitating Arthritis in 13 day just staying fully raw and away from all cooked foods. Before this I was on raw to 4, and like you had no energy and was full of aches and pains. 

I have posted the link below. 

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020149imp.on.pritikin...

And as far as worrying yourself about having your hand in the fruit bowl all the time, kiddo that is where it should be. You are a growing girl - growing into a strong healthy woman. Who has a problem with you eating all your need to grow your body to where it can be independently functional - you or your parents?

Are you making banana smoothies - enough. I know I can't stop smiling when I have them, really bucks my energy up too. 

Also don't be worried about your lack of energy to race round and you hear everyone else do here, because you might find if you give yourself scope that you are more the artist type and your calling is more to these types of pursuits. 

• up your calories to at least 2500-3000 and take some B12 and iron tables. Also a good trick is to keep a banana and spinach smoothie with you all day just for the extra calories if you need it. just 5 bananas and a hand full or two of spinach. 

don't keep your hand out of the fruit bowl stuff your face

keep going though you will get there in the end. 

• don't take antidepressants.. up your calories to at least 2500 kcal.. and go test your blood for B12.

O and your mentality when you look in the mirror should be i want to be obese or something, meaning don't give a damn about the weight gain (i think you'll go at least to the heavy side of your BMI (now you are severely (as in 3.5kgs) below your healthy range)

And don't keep your hand out of the fruit bowl, if you want ripe fruit eat it.

If you use cronometer for example to keep track.. weigh the edible portion of your food that you eat, so don't fill in 10 bananas but for example 962g of bananas

• I presume so as they tested for all the main vitamins and minerals as it was when I was at my lowest weight of 41kg..I want to be out doing stuff but I have no energy, I have a horse which I haven't ridden in months and it saddens me because he is eager to go out but on the other hand I don't think my parents will allow me to live off fruit, yeah I am expecting that as my body will nourish everything so much more now that I have upped my calories but I just need all the advice I can get making this transition properly as I don't want to screw it up again and restrict even my fruit intake, I must admit I am apprehensive about putting on but let's face it freelee isn't overweight but then her fitness level is much much higher than mine!
    • I had blood tests a whole ago they were all fine, I take zinc and b6 or b12 supplements...what do you mean the heavy side of my bmi, that I will become obsess eating fruit that's not likely to happe:)
      • so your b12 was fine, you're sure they tested it?.. then your symptoms are probably due to the undereating/being underweight or something i don't know..

I'm saying with all the undereating you have done you will probably go to the high end of your healthy bmi range.. cause your body is terrified of another famine. but long term everything will be ok. But a lot of anorexic people get paranoid when they gain that much weight and then fall back to restricting behaviour, don't know where your mind set is at though..

• Hiya I read your story on your page it did inspirational, I feel like I have come here for the same reasons! and I was just wondering what your weight was when they decided to put you into hospital?
  • imo your way too thin that feeling of cant seem to become satisfied is totally normal after a starvation period 

try to up your calories again and gain some weight like i would say at east 7 kg 

This reply was deleted.