All Discussions (37)

Sort by

Protein sources (eggs) for children?

Please tell me why eggs are not a good source of protein (besides not being raw vegan).  I know they are disgusting when you think about what they are & where they come from, & I know they can harbor bacteria, & it is not animal friendly, & they are

Read more…
1 Reply

Fruit Diet and Cloth Diapering

My little guy is cloth diapered and I am finding that he wets through his diaper a LOT with the 811 lifestyle (which is awesome cause I know he is hydrated), but just wondering how people deal with this.

I use sheets with a cover and I don't like to m

Read more…
1 Reply

TOOTH DECAY

My four year old daughter has a ton of cavities.  They want to do a "baby root canal"!  I know I need to re-mineralize her teeth and up her calcium and phosphorous. 

The problem is she's a picky eater and I can't get enough plants in her to meet the r

Read more…
1 Reply

Worried about my son's weight

I'm sure it's a common concern amongst lfrv families. He's always been a little underweight according to growth charts, but I've never been worried because I know it's normal for vegan kids (he's low fat cooked vegan) and also my husband is Indian. I

Read more…
0 Replies

Can a toddler become vegan?

Hi everyone,

so my son is 16 months old and he has been on cow's milk for just over 2 months now.

I actually started transitionning to the LFRV diet recently (90% LFRV, I have rice once a week and hope I am done with it), and I now regret my son ever t

Read more…
12 Replies