All Discussions (582)

Sort by

New and need help

I read Raw til 4 and decided to give it a try. I am about 6 weeks in and decided to check my fasting blood sugar this morning after a 12 hour fast. My blood sugar was high for me with a reading of 135. I did my 1,000 calorie morning banana smoothie a

Read more…
1 Reply

Tummy Troubles!!

Hi y'all!

I've been high carb vegan for about a year and a half now, and I was vegetarian for 6 years prior. I have always had digestion problems and I came to this lifestyle seeking relief. At first things seemed better once I cut out eggs (I've neve

Read more…
1 Reply

First couple days raw till 12

How the yell do you do this!  How do you get used to eating this much fruit? I decided Friday to go vegan and raw till 12, with the intention to go raw till 4 once I am used to it.  Day one, breakfast was ten bananas and 1.25 liters of water. I drank

Read more…
3 Replies

Life in Nebraska

I grew up in a farm town.. 'nuff said, right? When I told my family in my later teens that I thought killing animals for food was cruel, I literally got laughed at. I've lost friends because most of them are cattle farmers that "can't put up with me

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Sheri Bo Berry 🍓 Sep 9, 2021

Teenage newbie vegans

This is my first time on this site so not exactly sure how these posts work but I'd like to talk to anyone about being a vegan while going through school especially public high school and having limited time to access food or being judged for it. If

Read more…
0 Replies

30 day challenge!

the hollydays are comming! for us that are just beginning this lifestyle is a hard time to stick to it, so any one want to be in a 30 days challeng with me so we can support each other? i'm on rt4 for about a month and don't have any friends to talk

Read more…
4 Replies

7 day Grocery list?

Hey guys, I'm on a budget and really want to properly start a 7 day rt4 plan. I've seen a lot of meal plans online but no actual grocery lists + quantities of food? If anyone can recommend a really basic, and affordable one, that would help so much!!

Read more…
2 Replies

detox??? HELP!

Hey guys, its my second day of rt4,  and this morning did not go so well. I had a smoothie of  8 medjool dates, 2 oranges, 2 bananas, and 1 mango. As soon as I had a couple sips, I was bouncing with energy. However after finishing,  my tummy hurt lik

Read more…
8 Replies

Help me start please!

Okay so i wanted to start rt4 2 days ago but i just cant get enough fruits in the day.At night, i go on a rice binge(about 6pm). Then i feel stuffed and i get a huge belly. After that, i will seek out junk food at 8-9pm ( i ruined today's start with

Read more…
2 Replies

Water!

Hi, so I have been drinking a liter of water before all of my meals since I have begun this journey, which hasn't been too long, but. I was wondering if anyone else gets a burning/stinging sensation in their stomach when they drink their first liter

Read more…
0 Replies

HELP!!

I am very new to the HCLF vegan lifestyle. A few weeks ago I decided to transition completely from a diet that included meat and dairy to a vegan lifestyle. My mom (whom I live with) isn't all that happy with it but lets me eat as wish since I am 18.

Read more…
4 Replies

Canned/Tinned Fruit

Hi everyone. This is my first post and even though I am raw vegan I am fairly new to HCLF. I was just wondering if anyone knew if tinned fruit is ok to eat? I know Harley mentioned it in a video but I can't find it anywhere :/ I'm sure he said that f

Read more…
3 Replies

Candida!! Help!

Hi there folks,

So I'm quite new to this lifestyle, only been Raw til 4 for about a month, and I have seen a lot of improvement. However, before coming to this lifestyle, I never had a yeast problem. Now I'm dealing with full blown Candida (Perioral D

Read more…
3 Replies

Not that Hungary

So Im still a new vegan I've been rawtill4 for almost 3 months. In the beginning I ate a lot and was Hungary, but now I feel like I almost have to force myself to eat enough calories. I'm just not feeling as Hungary as I used too. Did/ does anyone el

Read more…
5 Replies

Newbie toofond of p

Day 6, feeling good but had insomnia for 3 of those days. Is this typical? Maybe it is part of detox. I have tried to be raw before but without success. I like the fact that I can eat cooked food for dinner, I like potatoes, both white and sweet/yams

Read more…
2 Replies